Windows 10: OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

Discus and support OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows How to Sync Multiple OneDrive Accounts in Windows [img] Information Quite a few of us... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by dcodding, Dec 5, 2016.

1. dcodding Win User

OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

How to: OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

How to Sync Multiple OneDrive Accounts in Windows

OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows [​IMG]
    Information Quite a few of us Windows users have multiple Microsoft email accounts, each of them today with OneDrive. I am for sure not the only user who subscribes Office 365 Home to get 5 Office licenses just for my personal use, each of them with 1 TB OneDrive storage, especially when the O365 Home costs only about a third more than O365 Personal with only one license.

Today we can get huge hard disks with quite a little of money. Wouldn't it be nice if I could sign in to Windows 10 with my primary MS account and sync it's OneDrive content to my desktop but also be able to sync the OneDrive from my additional MS accounts to the same folder?

By default OneDrive only syncs the account it was set up with, you cannot have two OneDrives synced to same folder. Luckily there is a really easy solution for this: You can always share your OneDrive with yourself!

This tutorial will show you how to do that, how to get all content you want to be synced from all your OneDrive accounts stored in the same OneDrive folder on your hard disk. The video below will show you the whole process described in this tutorial.

Video: How to sync multiple OneDrive accounts:

(Video from Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums)

Part One: Share the content of your additional OneDrive
    1.1)
    The starting situation: I want to use my primary MS account and its OneDrive (#1) to access my secondary MS / OneDrive account (#2), syncing the content of both OneDrives to same OneDrive folder in my Windows desktop:

1.2) First I need to sign in to the secondary OneDrive using my secondary MS account credentials

1.3) When signed in, I move all the content to a new folder I name Shared. To do this, I need to select every folder and file (CTRL + A selects all) and click Move to link in Menu bar:

1.4) I select New folder, name it and click Create:

1.5) Finally I select the new folder and click Move:

1.6) The content is now moved and the root of this secondary OneDrive only contains one item, the newly created folder. I select it and click Share:

1.7) I enter the email address of my primary MS account and click Share:

Sharing done, I need now to add the shared folder to my primary OneDrive

Part Two: Add the shared folder to your primary OneDrive
    2.1) My primary MS account has now received an automated message telling about the share. The email has a link to open the shared folder:

2.2) I click Add to my OneDrive and confirm it by clicking Add folder in following dialog:

2.3) The folder will be added to my primary OneDrive:

Part Three: Select the content you want to sync to desktop
    3.1) In OneDrive settings you can select if you want all or only certain parts of the secondary OneDrive to be synced to your desktop:

See this tutorial for more information about selecting synced folders: OneDrive Selective Sync - Choose Folders in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Part Four: Work with multiple OneDrives
    4.1)
    The shared folder from my secondary OneDrive is now synced to my desktop, along with my primary OneDrive content. A "Shared" symbol will clearly show this folder is shared:

4.2) When saving from any application, I can now select to save to the secondary OneDrive by selecting the shared folder in Save As dialog:

4.3) Remember these basic rules when saving from any application or moving / copying files to the shared folder inside your primary OneDrive folder, or deleting anything from said folder:
    • When you save to the shared folder of your secondary OneDrive, the file size will be reduced from the secondary OneDrive's storage quota because the files and folders will be added to that OneDrive's cloud storage, The storage quota of your primary OneDrive remains unchanged
    • When you delete anything in the shared folder of your secondary OneDrive, the storage quota of the secondary OneDrive increases because the deleted files and folders will also be deleted from that OneDrive's cloud storage. The storage quota of your primary OneDrive remains unchanged
    • When you save to the shared synced folder of your secondary OneDrive, the saved content will be synced both with the OneDrive the content belongs to (secondary OD), and the OneDrive this content is shared with (primary OD)

That's about it! Happy Computing OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows :)

Kari

Related Tutorials

:)

dcodding, Dec 5, 2016

2. Windows syncing multiple accounts from the same cloud service.

In which application are you trying to sync the accounts?

OneDrive for Windows 10

Google Drive

How exactly are you trying to add the account or trying to sync the accounts?

1. Set up the account for OneDrive for account #1

2. At the very last step before clicking finish, click on the link to where the folder will be synced to

3. Change to ..My Documents/OneDrive - Account 1/

4. Sync

Switch account to sync for account #2

1. Log out of account #1

2. Sign into account #2

3. At the very last step before clicking finish, click on the link to where the folder will be synced to

4. Change to ..My Documents/OneDrive - Account 2/

5. Sync

For Google Drive, follow the same process except I named the folders Google Drive - Account...

Trying to "Add an account" in the OneDrive settings only instructs me to logout of the first account then log into the second account.

On Android, OneDrive is able to sync the personal and business accounts at the same time, and Google Drive is able to sync as many accounts as you sign into given the limits of the storage of your device at the same time. Neither of these apps require logging
    into and out of each account in order to sync multiple accounts.

jesus4gaveme03, Dec 5, 2016
  3. Windows syncing multiple accounts from the same cloud service.

Why can't Windows sync multiple accounts from the same service at the same time? Instead, I have to sign out of my OneDrive or Google Drive account and sign into another one and keep track of separate folders in order
    to sync both my personal and professional accounts. It is extremely tedious and annoying as compared to Android which is capable of this.

jesus4gaveme03, Dec 5, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Dec 5, 2016
Thema:

1. OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync Multiple

2. New account syncing with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New account syncing with OneDrive: I have changed the administrator account's email on my windows 11 laptop from ********* to a new outlook.com email account. I have also purchased Office 365 which also comes with OneDrive1 tb. However, my new account, or anything about my laptopdocuments etc, is not syncing...
  3. New account syncing with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New account syncing with OneDrive: I have changed the administrator account's email on my windows 11 laptop from ********* to a new outlook.com email account. I have also purchased Office 365 which also comes with OneDrive1 tb. However, my new account, or anything about my laptopdocuments etc, is not syncing...
  4. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  5. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  6. Syncing OneDrive to multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing OneDrive to multiple drives: Hello, I store all my files on OneDrive, and sync a subset of folders to my personal PC and a different subset to my work computer. I would like to also sync my entire OneDrive set of folders with one or more external hard drives as a local backup. How do I do this, without...
  7. syncing google drive on multiple accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    syncing google drive on multiple accounts: My family has a shared computer. Everyone has an account. Everyone has their own google drive. How do we set it up so that each user account backup and sync to their own google account without affecting other people's google account? Paul 164088
  8. Sync folders with OneDrive on multiple drives

Sync folders with OneDrive on multiple drives: Hi folks, I have multiple HDDs and have my default user folders Music, Videos, Movies, Pictures spread across them based on how I am managing things. I would like to have OneDrive point to different folders on different drives to sync but I can't figure out how to make...
  9. OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices

OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices: My company recently switched from Syncplicity to OneDrive. Syncplicity would synchronize my desktops across multiple devices so if I added/modified a file located on Desktop A, it would sync and be added/modified on Desktop B. I would like to know if OneDrive can do this and...
  10. Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync: Hello, I have encountred multiple issues in windows recently: INFO - I am logged into Office already and Microsoft account is connected to windows. OneDrive wanted me to log in, but it didnt let me because my private account was greyed out, so I looked online and found...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync multiple onedrive accounts

2. why is 2 accounts synced on 1 onedrive

3. sync multiple one drive accounts

4. sync multiple onedrive accounts on windows 10,
  5. Multiple users on a single onedrive account syncing,
  6. two separate folders synced to two separate onedrive accounts,
  7. onedrive sync multiple accounts