Windows 10: Onedrive sync selection issue

Discus and support Onedrive sync selection issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I am just now getting around to trying to solve this problem due to the fact that I am needing to use the computer that has this problem at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by catrone3, Jan 15, 2016.

1. catrone3 Win User

Onedrive sync selection issue

So, I am just now getting around to trying to solve this problem due to the fact that I am needing to use the computer that has this problem at the moment. When ever anything that would put crap in My Documents (I.E. Rockstar) it instead goes to onedrive. The System will not let me change the setting on where documents get saved automatically. when I try to change it the selection box just goes blank.
    Onedrive sync selection issue [​IMG]
    if I try to select "This PC" again it will then show up, however if I go away and come back the setting is back to saying "OneDrive". Does anyone know of anything I can do to fix this issue?

:)

catrone3, Jan 15, 2016

2. Getting Malare alert from Defender since installing Win10.

I researched some more and found a clue with OneDrive syncing. I had a problem with a directory on my cloud OneDrive which would not sync to my PC.

I de-selected the cloud OneDrive directory to stop syncing to PC and now the problem has gone. This means that the guilty party is in my cloud directory that would not sync.

To de-select any problem folders simply open explorer and locate your Cloud OneDrive. Right click on the folder you want to stop syncing and select

the 'Choose OneDrive folders to sync' option from the menu.

RetiredBushie, Jan 15, 2016
  3. David Haz Win User
    A process called "Microsoft OneDrive Setup" is constantly using 15-20% of my CPU for the third day in a row now

Hello,

It could be that OneDrive is not yet finished syncing your files or is not yet fully set up. May we know if you have recently changed some settings in OneDrive?

OneDrive constantly syncs your files from your PC to OneDrive, thus, can cause a slow down on your device. However, you may stop OneDrive from syncing your files. Here's how:

• On the taskbar, select File Explorer.
    • Right-click OneDrive - Personal, and then select Choose OneDrive folders to sync.
    • Clear the Sync all files and folders in OneDrive check box, then select
      OK.
    • Restart your PC and see if there are improvements within your device.

David Haz, Jan 15, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

The usual place to adjust the OneDrive settings is from the OneDrive icon in the System tray. If you open up the icons by clicking the ^ symbol, right click on the OneDrive cloud icon and select settings. In the Auto-save tab you can select where you want documents to save and make sure this is set to "This PC only".

Hope this helps!

philc43, Jan 15, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 15, 2016
  6. catrone3 Win User
    sadly that doesnt do what I am trying to get to happen, not sure why though. it turned out I had already tried that with no success. when i go to explorer it still shows that the local documents and pictures are synced with one drive.
    Onedrive sync selection issue [​IMG]

I have called microsoft support already on this however they wanted me to pay for their support system to get help on this issue which is why I have come here

catrone3, Jan 15, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 15, 2016
  8. catrone3 Win User

option two helped, thank you

catrone3, Jan 15, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive sync selection issue - Similar Threads - Onedrive sync selection

2. OneDrive Sync issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync issues: I work with 3 computers. Two Mac's and one PC with Win 10. I want to keep all my files in sync. But I need them stored on each of the 3 hard drives as my internet is unreliable. I want OneDrive to keep files in sync WITHOUT putting a second copy of my files on my hard drives....
  3. onedrive syncing issue

onedrive syncing issue: i am a technical support engineer and i have a laptop for a user which has red X on documents and can't sync onedrive still saying " looking for changes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing-issue/a23f0aa5-6840-425d-ac0b-4f07adf951b1
  4. onedrive syncing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive syncing issue: i am a technical support engineer and i have a laptop for a user which has red X on documents and can't sync onedrive still saying " looking for changes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing-issue/a23f0aa5-6840-425d-ac0b-4f07adf951b1
  5. Selecting which OneDrive files to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting which OneDrive files to sync: I have OneDrive set to back up most files, I've decided to change a few folders that I don't need backed up to the cloud based on size.My issue is when I unselect them in the onedrive settings, the only option I have is that it deletes my local file and will keep the one...
  6. Selecting which OneDrive files to sync

Selecting which OneDrive files to sync: I have OneDrive set to back up most files, I've decided to change a few folders that I don't need backed up to the cloud based on size.My issue is when I unselect them in the onedrive settings, the only option I have is that it deletes my local file and will keep the one...
  7. OneDrive syncing issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive syncing issue: I set up OneDrive on my external hard disk Seagate Backup Plus 4TB to sync my music folder. It synced 522GB/714GB. I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909. Since then it has beenstuck. I tried resetting OneDrive through %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset to no avail. I...
  8. OneDrive Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Sync Issue: Dear Friends, My OneDrive tray icon tells me there is an error syncing a file on my computer: [ATTACH] I have tried deleting the folder and renaming it and this is what happens: [IMG] I have tried signing out and back in again as well. The flickering icon in the...
  9. OneDrive Selective Sync Error

OneDrive Selective Sync Error: When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message: [img] I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too. Any thoughts? 10831
  10. Onedrive Issues and Syncing

Onedrive Issues and Syncing: i have been using Ondrive and it has been working well but now all of a sudden we cannot get material from the cloud to sync on the computer we are using. the Onedrive icon is still in the file explorer but the information is not coming back down from the cloud. i have...