Windows 10: OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?

Discus and support OneDrive. What am I doing wrong? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I open OneDrive from the taskbar, open a folder, click on a file and then click "Share" a pane opens on the right hand side of the window. I am then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Judesman, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

OneDrive. What am I doing wrong?

If I open OneDrive from the taskbar, open a folder, click on a file and then click "Share" a pane opens on the right hand side of the window. I am then invited to create an email account. I have done this but set up my existing email provided by my ISP. I am then invited to add a password. But what is this password? Is it my Microsoft account password or my ISP password because when I close the pane and re-open it I am told that my BT internet settings are out of date and I am invited to "Fix Account" I just don't understand this.

Anyway if I then click on my email address the files I have clicked on appear and I am invited to email these to a recipient. I tried emailing the files to myself as a test, clicked send but the email was not received by me. I have tried this a number of times but I never receive the email. What am I doing wrong?

If I scan pages of a book into a folder they appear in that folder in numerical order, the order I scanned them. If I right click on that folder and select "More One Drive Sharing Options" the folder opens in the OneDrive online but the pages in the folder are now even numbered pages followed by odd numbered pages and that isn't very helpful to someone who wants to read them.

This is rather a lot for one thread but I am totally confused by OneDrive.

:)

Judesman, Dec 9, 2016
  2. Andreiaz. Win User

i am not send my massage what i am doing

Hi coolhunk,

Thanks for your contribution to the forum.

Did you get the Apn settings from your mobile operator ? ( from your phone go to settings < mobile network < add Apn), if not I would suggest to contact your mobile operator and they can set up your settings to receive sms.

Regards,

Andreiaz

Andreiaz., Dec 9, 2016
  3. coolhunk Win User
    i am not send my massage what i am doing

i m not send my sms any one but i m receiveing sms please give me solution this problem

coolhunk, Dec 9, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Your onedrive is supposed to be associated with/to you MS account (outlook.com) on said PC (desktop/laptop). If you're using your ISP email address....that is most likely your issue.

Plankton, Dec 9, 2016
  5. Helmut Win User
    OneDrive, Outlook Mail + other stuff are all part of an MS Account. You sign in with your MS Account (or Outlook Mail Account) to use them.
    If you don't have an MS Account you will have to sign up to use OneDrive.

Your BT Mail Account has nothing to do with it.

Helmut, Dec 9, 2016
  6. Judesman Win User
    I have an MS Account but if I can't use my BT email I wonder why OneDrive gave me the option to use it when I first clicked on Share. Thanks for your replies.

Judesman, Dec 9, 2016
  7. Judesman Win User
    So the question is now how do I change the "From" email address from my BT email to a new Outlook.com address in OneDrive?

Judesman, Dec 9, 2016
  8. Judesman Win User

This doesn't make any sense at all. If I go to add an account I still have the option to use my BT email address. Why isn't there some comprehensive guidance on this.

Judesman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive. What am I doing wrong? - Similar Threads - OneDrive doing wrong

2. Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?: Further to my earlier question whether to clone or do a clean install after replacing the HDD in a laptop with a SSD I thought I'd post this follow up question to see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.I decided to go with a clean install and I installed the SSD into the...
  3. Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?: Further to my earlier question whether to clone or do a clean install after replacing the HDD in a laptop with a SSD I thought I'd post this follow up question to see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.I decided to go with a clean install and I installed the SSD into the...
  4. Clean install of Windows failed. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What am I doing wrong with this windows USB installation?: So I'm not incredibly tech-savy. Recently my laptop has had some Windows issues, so I am trying to re-install windows after a factory reset. The steps I have taken are: Run the Windows installation tool to create a USB for it. Set that USB to the top in the BOOT order....
  6. What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?: My pc is from 2013 and it runs Windows 8.1 pro fine. Someone recommended that I get off win8.1 and install 10 so at the time there was the 1803 version so I installed that and it's ok. But the windows partition randomly gets corrupt when I turn my pc on. It only happens with...
  7. What am i doing wrong?? pls help

What am i doing wrong?? pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lucrez_lz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h93ez1/what_am_i_doing_wrong_pls_help/
  8. MediaCreationTool -- What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MediaCreationTool -- What am I doing wrong?: This worked a few weeks ago. Path to Media Creation Tool is 'd:\Acer G9-792\Create your own Windows 10 installation media\MediaCreationTool1803.exe' I created a Firewall Rule to allow it through. Now I'm getting this error: "There was a problem running this tool....
  9. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What am I doing wrong?: Hi, I have been trying to create custom Windows themes complete with background images and sounds which I have no problem getting to work on my computer. The problem I am having is when I save the theme the file size is extremely small and when I shared it with someone to try...
  10. What am I doing wrong in trying to boot via USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What am I doing wrong in trying to boot via USB?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 ultrabook, it's just over a year old. I have made a bootable Windows 8.1 USB flash drive. My aim is to dual boot it with Windows 10. However, I'm not having any luck booting from it. I have read several websites regarding booting & setting a priority in...