Windows 10: Onedrive will be changing storage max and charging, what about Google?

Discus and support Onedrive will be changing storage max and charging, what about Google? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just found out that in July onedrive will be dwindling down free storage (indian givers) and charging for anything over 5gb's. Of course I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by andreah1, May 11, 2016.

1. andreah1 Win User

Onedrive will be changing storage max and charging, what about Google?

So I just found out that in July onedrive will be dwindling down free storage (indian givers) and charging for anything over 5gb's. Of course I'm currently at 8gb's so will have to pay approx. 1.99 a month (I think) if I keep things as is. Google Drive/Photos allows 15gb's which would solve my problem but want to delve a little deeper with my question:
    I currently have all my photos and documents saved locally on my pc. On my samsung smartphone I have everything set up to auto upload to onedrive AND google photos. I have in the past uploaded all my pics/documents that are local on my pc to onedrive but unfortunately any that I add or edit don't automatically upload (why can't a company give this to us?) so I have to try to remember to upload myself and I can guarantee I probably have 100's that I haven't done. I KNOW I can save all my stuff to onedrive by default on my pc and wouldn't have this issue but I've never gotten around to it and am also afraid that somehow the quality will be different than saving it locally? I was finally thinking about defaulting everything over to onedrive this summer when I have a little time to play and then heard about the reduced storage. Dang. *Sad
    I am researching google drive and google photos and see that I can (pretty sure) use the same concept by downloading their programs on to my pc (hopefully then I can pick them as a default?) and not worry about storage overages, issues.
    Has anyone had any experience with the google programs on your pc? I really want to find an easy way to save all my docs and photos and not worry about "did I upload the edited version?". Also want to know that if I add a bunch of photos with my digital camera that they are available on google photos across the board on all my devices.
    I hope I'm making sense. I want to do this for my mom as well and she's got pictures all over the place and nothing is synced, she spends hours deleting photos from one app then has to go on to her pc and delete them again and of course there's virtually no way to know if you deleted everything you wanted from each place.
    Thanks in advance! *Think

:)

andreah1, May 11, 2016
  2. jragar Win User

Full Charge Capacity Lower after battery update Lumia 800

battery charge after update is flakey...... showed as 1477 max charge, with 1270 current charge... leave it 5 mins, 1477 max charge, current charge is 1477

i wonder if it literally just changes whawt the max/minimum charge is, and doesnt actually unlock any further battery capacity Onedrive will be changing storage max and charging, what about Google? :(

jragar, May 11, 2016
  3. Free Space on One Drive

Hi,

For free OneDrive storage, you'll get an automatic 5 GB storage when you sign up for OneDrive; however, you can always buy more or sign up for Office 365 to get more storage. For more information about OneDrive storage, you may check the following links:

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 11, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

No - you will not be charged if over 5GB but you will not be able to upload any more data until your storage is below 5GB.

cereberus, May 11, 2016
  5. andreah1 Win User
    Thanks for the clarification, but I'm uploading all the time so I need to find something that will work better for me.

andreah1, May 11, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    The pity is that back in January, you could register your onedrive account and keep 15 GB limit. Offer finished now :-(.

cereberus, May 13, 2016
  7. andreah1 Win User
    Well that sucks, that's all I needed too. *Sad I don't take tons of pics but at 7gb's dang it. And I decided I'm not going to switch over to Google. Because they do everything by date I would have to manually upload all my folders to keep them that way. Too much of a pain.

Only thing I have left that I'm wondering about is say microsoft loses my pictures for some reason, if I'm backing them up on an external drive (would be backing up the actual onedrive folders) would I lose them too? I know it may seem like a stupid questions but because the cloud is "virtual" is my back up "virtual" too?

andreah1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive will be changing storage max and charging, what about Google? - Similar Threads - Onedrive changing storage

2. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Maxed out storage storage device usage: A bit of an update to my last question posted in late July https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disk-usage-maxed-on-maxone-drive/1a0389b4-24b2-4e26-a173-6adf7791d02d read this for more details, I've tried everything I can think of, short of...
  3. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maxed out storage storage device usage: A bit of an update to my last question posted in late July https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disk-usage-maxed-on-maxone-drive/1a0389b4-24b2-4e26-a173-6adf7791d02d read this for more details, I've tried everything I can think of, short of...
  4. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  6. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  7. Storage Max issues notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Max issues notifications: Hi,I have a microsoft office 365 student account through my university however after getting a new laptop at Christmas 2020 i mistakingly signed up and also paid for microsoft family 365 I didnt realise payment had been taken as i thought i would have been registered as a...
  8. Storage Max issues notifications

Storage Max issues notifications: Hi,I have a microsoft office 365 student account through my university however after getting a new laptop at Christmas 2020 i mistakingly signed up and also paid for microsoft family 365 I didnt realise payment had been taken as i thought i would have been registered as a...
  9. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?: Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68 Series Specs - CNET 175876
  10. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?: Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68 Series Specs - CNET 175876