Windows 10: OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

Discus and support OneNote app and desktop and quick notes in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jdeacon, Feb 18, 2016.

1. jdeacon Win User

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus and getting straight into taking a note is very convenient.

I'd swear when I first started doing this, the notes I created with the app appeared in the Quick Notes notebook of the desktop OneNote. Now they don't; they're different ones; older ones I think. Does anyone know how to make notes created in the app appear in a desktop version notebook?

:)

jdeacon, Feb 18, 2016
  2. danielkim Win User

Windows Ink Sticky Notes - synchronize across computers?

Hello,

I have multiple machines, and I would like a way to synchronize the sticky notes that I created from one computer to another. Is there a way to do that?

I have read some solutions where people suggest that I use the "Quick Notes" in Onenote, but the problem with that is that I want the view of the sticky notes. Quick Notes does synchronize across different machines via OneNote, but it loses the sticky note
    "view" where it stays on the desktop. it just creates a bunch of different pages within OneNote, so I have to remember to open up OneNote, then traverse to the right notebook, then go over to the Quick Notes section to see.

danielkim, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Can Microsoft please get rid of Quick Notes in the Onenote app?

I downloaded the Onenote app to write note in.

I write and title and then the notes and that is ok.

The next day Onenote for no reason what so ever has added Quick Notes.

Quick Notes is not any quicker. If anything it has just added an extra step.

When I delete Quick Notes, I end up deleting all my notes too.

Is there anyway to stop the Quick Notes from appearing?

michael.green, Feb 18, 2016
  4. OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

Hi
    If you go into the app version and then click the three bars at the top left (hamburger menu) from the left pane that slides out make sure you have got the notebook you want as default open

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes [​IMG]

After this, from this left pane again click the settings at the bottom, another panel will slide out from the right for you to click options
    In here you can set which notebook quick notes are saved into (bottom of this screen)

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes [​IMG]

These will then appear in the same notebook on the desktop app

paulsalter, Feb 18, 2016
  5. jdeacon Win User
    Thanks. That successfully puts a section (a tab) called Quick Notes into the chosen notebook. And new scribbles made after clicking the stylus do go into that section. But there is still an entry at the very bottom of the Notebooks drop down in the desktop version called Quick Notes, and clicking that still brings up the old collection of notes from I know not where, and not the quick notes.

I managed to "delete" the old collection of notes. But still the app goes to one Quick Notes notesbook but the Quick Notes entry at the bottom of the desktop's list of notebooks goes to a different, now empty "Quick Notes".

jdeacon, Feb 18, 2016
  6. jdeacon Win User
    Got it! There's one more step. For the notebook you've chosen for your Quick Notes as described by paulsalter, make sure that that notebook (on each device if you've tablet and PC like me) is syncing to OneDrive, if that's where you keep your OneNote work, as I do.

I wouldn't know how to do that except that OneNote popped up a ribbon telling me the chosen Quick Notes notebook wasn't synced to OneDrive and would I like it to be?

jdeacon, Feb 20, 2016
  7. Sorry I missed your first reply yesterday

Good to hear you have got it going, it does take a while to get things setup, and like you I have it on multiple devices, but once done it works really well

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

1. OneNote app and desktop and quick notes - Similar Threads - OneNote app desktop

2. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  3. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  4. Problems about sticky note in OneNote app

Problems about sticky note in OneNote app: I use Microsoft ‘one note’ app on iPad. The sticky note doesn’t work properly. It sometimes fixes. Please improve it. I cannot add anything in my previous sticky note....
  5. OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app: Hi, I want to set OneNote for Windows 10 to open when I hit a button on my drawing tablet. The drawing tablet supports to open programs. However, I cannot find where the executable of OneNote is stored on my PC. When going to "start" and typing "OneNote", I see the...
  6. Looking for a quick notes app that allows printing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Looking for a quick notes app that allows printing: I am looking for a sticky note or quick note app that has the ability to print its notes. The ones I have seen don't seem to have that ability. I can use my Evernote Premium app, but I was looking for something a little more accessible....
  7. Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.: I have just installed Office 2019 and straight away afterwards I installed the OneNote desktop app. From what I have read elsewhere, one of the export options in the OneNote desktop app ought to be docx, but that isn't available to me. I have options to export to mht, pdf,...
  8. OneNote Desktop App Problem

OneNote Desktop App Problem: Hi, I am using the OneNote Desktop App on my windows 10 laptop. The problem is, when I insert my PDF printouts and annotate on the slides, occasionally the slides would become blank leaving only my annotations. This tends to happen for PDF printouts with quite a number of...
  9. Cortana fails to create note in OneNote

Cortana fails to create note in OneNote: HARDWARE: Tested with various including Surface Book, HP Envy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Book 12 OS: Windows 10 - 1803 APPS: Cortana & OneNote, all updates applied as of 8/4/2018 ISSUE: 1. Give Cortana the "new note" or "take a note" command 2. Dictate the text, e.g....
  10. Storing Onenote notes locally?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Storing Onenote notes locally?: When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection. Is there a way to do similar in Onenote? I am using Onenote 2016 (the free one). 104451

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one note desktop and windows appp sync