Windows 10: OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?

Discus and support OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have OneNote 2010 installed and don't want the Windows 10 OneNote APP. How can I remove the app or keep it from opening when I click on shortcuts... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SOHO1, Jan 7, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?

I have OneNote 2010 installed and don't want the Windows 10 OneNote APP. How can I remove the app or keep it from opening when I click on shortcuts like this:
    onenote:///O:\OneNote_Catalog\Catalog\Root.one#section-id={4B915525-1062-4367-B052-4B5CE174AF49}&end

The uninstall option appears greyed out:

OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10? [​IMG]

The default app shows the association to OneNote 2010, but the darn Win10 App keeps opening (above shortcut)

The default protocol (ONENOTE-CMD) won't let me change from the app to OneNote 2010.

:)

SOHO1, Jan 7, 2017
  2. BillSalmi Win User

Windows 10 Pro I need to reinstall Store app how do I do that?

I have had many problems with Windows 10. After upgrade from Windows 7

Audio stutter noise. Many attempts to correct. It still persists

Edge browser often starts and vanishes. Then I fix it. Then the same problem reoccurs.

MANY problems with OneNote. Cannot easily determine if OneNote App, or OneNote 2016, or OneNote 2016 was launched.

OneNote 2016 when it worked, was used to create Password protection. OneNote 2016 stopped working. It ALWAYS states it cannot connect to the Internet.

Per various suggestions:

I have removed 'Windows credentials' for OneNote. (Associated instructions indicated they be recreated as functional. They did not get recreated.)

Uninstalled OneNote 2012 - apparently successful.

Uninstalled OneNote App. But cannot reinstall.

So now using Powershell to fix Edge and fix App Store so I can reinstall OneNote app

An attempt to fix issues - OneNote 2016 to continue working leads to more issues.

OneNote 2016 was used to set password. Without OneNote 2016 I cannot remove the password.

The password works from OneNote Online PC. It is not accessible from OneNote tablet (Android0.

****** Sync between OneNote PC and OneNote Tablet was the original purpose of OneNote ***

BillSalmi, Jan 7, 2017
  3. Missing option to sync OneNote Mobile

You uninstalled the entire OneNote app from the laptop? Wouldn't just uninstalling the OneNote Mobile component do it?

ConstantCoxTech, Jan 7, 2017
  4. SOHO1 Win User

OK, after some messing about, I found in the registry the ProgID for each program.
    In my case:
    ONENOTE (2010) was AppX333jbhpaq2hjpyd097614409g4kz15cw
    and
    the Windows 10 App was AppXn8vagw663cz9m3j0rmkddxpbq9x0716k

So, I found the names of the protocols in the registry (above picture) and replaced the ProgId in

HKEY_USERS\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Roaming\OpenWith\UrlAssociations\ONENOTE-CMD\UserChoice\ProgId
    replacing AppXn8vagw663cz9m3j0rmkddxpbq9x0716k with AppX333jbhpaq2hjpyd097614409g4kz15cw

Et Voila!
    It worked just fine, though the Win10 UI still shows the protocol associations in the picture above.
    But now, the OneNote 2010 program opens the link. My desktop links to notebooks & notebook sections now open on-click.

SOHO1, Jan 7, 2017
Thema:

1. OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - OneNote uninstall OneNote

2. OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app: Hi, I want to set OneNote for Windows 10 to open when I hit a button on my drawing tablet. The drawing tablet supports to open programs. However, I cannot find where the executable of OneNote is stored on my PC. When going to "start" and typing "OneNote", I see the...
  3. Onenote from Office 2019 - Windows 10 app

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote from Office 2019 - Windows 10 app: Hello, I have Office 2019 (desktop not 365) and I think that it installed the Onenote Windows 10 app and it syncs the data file in the cloud. I looked on onedrive all over and can't find my current notebook. Does the Windows 10 app save the data file to onedrive or some...
  4. No sound in Onenote for Windows 10 app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound in Onenote for Windows 10 app.: There is no sound when I play back audio in the OneNote App for Windows 10. When I record audio or dictate in the OneNote App for Windows 10, it seems to record properly, but there is no sound when I play back the audio recording. If I right-click the recording in the...
  5. Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall

Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall: Hi I have both on my computers running W10 and office 365. Happy with the new OneNote but would like to uninstall OneNote 2016 as it confuses matters. Can I do so without losing any data (notes)? I understand that OneNote 2016 stores notes on the local hard drive but will...
  6. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  7. How to uninstall Onenote 2016

How to uninstall Onenote 2016: I have successfully uninstalled Onenote using the Power Shell. Now I want to do the same with Onenote 2016 but can't figure out how to do it. I have right clicked Onenote 2016 in the Start Menu and then chosen Uninstalled but Onenote 2016 is still there. Will someone...
  8. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002
  9. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016: Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to uninstall onenote 2016 only

2. how do i remove onenote for windows 10

3. can i uninstall onenote only