Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 users are receiving an update for OneNote which brings a really handy feature to the table. OneNote, if you don’t already know, is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 3, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature

Windows 10 users are receiving an update for OneNote which brings a really handy feature to the table. OneNote, if you don’t already know, is a note-taking app with a professional touch. It is easily one of the best note-taking applications available on all platforms. Notes can be typed in and also written down if your device has Windows Inking support. But these are not the fastest method to take notes. The fastest method is to dictate the notes so that you just have to speak and the app will type itself. In its effort to make OneNote as complete as possible, Microsoft has added this very same functionality in the app.

OneNote updated with a hands-free dictation feature

The update is available to Windows 10 users with Office 365 subscription. The feature makes it really easy for users to take down notes. One of the best things about the feature is that the users can edit the notes even while the dictation is going on. This means that the words will appear on the screen when you speak and at the same time you can edit the already completed sentences by adding punctuations or other words. The dictation feature will not pause while you are speaking and editing the sentences simultaneously.

The dictation support currently supports nine languages. The feature makes note taking easier for people with disabilities. The feature can be accessed by simply selecting the dictate button.

One interesting thing is that with the Windows 10 April 2018 update Microsoft added a new feature to Windows 10 by which you can dictate words to be typed automatically on any textbox in any app. This feature can be accessed by pressing both the Windows key and H key together. You can use this feature instead of the dedicated dictation mode that OneNote got with the update. But the difference here is that the built-in dictation mode in OneNote will be able to work even when you are editing the sentences.

The update also brings in a few bug fixes and performance improvements. You can update OneNote by clicking here.

The post OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 3, 2018

2. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Easy Dictation Into Windows 10 eMail?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the Microphone/ Cortana to dictate the mails.

What is the make and model of your device?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing

• Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to search for the latest drivers for your device from the Microsoft website, try to download all the updates and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 3, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature - Similar Threads - OneNote updated hands

2. I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature": No matter how many times I fix this problem messing with Devices and Printers, going to bluetooth configurations disabling the mic and this hands-free feature that I'm almost sure that nobody uses this, my JBL Wave Flex keeps randomly connecting in this mode, and I DON'T WANT...
  3. I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature": No matter how many times I fix this problem messing with Devices and Printers, going to bluetooth configurations disabling the mic and this hands-free feature that I'm almost sure that nobody uses this, my JBL Wave Flex keeps randomly connecting in this mode, and I DON'T WANT...
  4. Unable to scroll In onenote using hands

Unable to scroll In onenote using hands: I use onenote to take notes but today somehow the scroll is not working properly with fingers the mouse scroll work fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scroll-in-onenote-using-hands/148f41c7-cb93-45f4-85b1-e2dbbae17248
  5. Unable to scroll In onenote using hands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to scroll In onenote using hands: I use onenote to take notes but today somehow the scroll is not working properly with fingers the mouse scroll work fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scroll-in-onenote-using-hands/148f41c7-cb93-45f4-85b1-e2dbbae17248
  6. windows 10 audio "hands free" issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 audio "hands free" issue: Every time I connect my laptop to a bluetooth audio device it cuts out after a couple seconds to a around a minute sometimes. If I switch my output to the "hands free" selection in bluetooth for the same headset, arctis 9x it will work again. However, the audio played from...
  7. dictation on onenote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dictation on onenote: when i use dictation by pressing the windows key + H on onenote after a while of using it, it says "something went wrong, please try again later" then i have to close is and leave it for a while before i can use it again. after it says something went wrong the dictation won't...
  8. OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing

OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing: I dont have the dictate button, or any audio to text option showing up on my OneNote. when i tried to download the Learning Tools app, it said that I didnt have OneNote i do and would have to download it - I think the app might be for an earlier version of OneNote and isnt...
  9. OneNote dictate not showing

OneNote dictate not showing: I got a laptop for my son to use the inbuilt Windows 10 OneNote and want to use the Dictate feature. It works fine on my profile on the same machine, but when I switch to my son's (child) profile the dictate button momentarily appears and then disappears again permanently....
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 is getting a big update with new features

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 is getting a big update with new features: OneNote for Windows 10 is getting a big update with a long list of new features and improvements. The company has just released a new update on Windows 10 that bumps the app version to 16.0.10325.20049. You can find the full changelog below: Want to quickly start taking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote dictate disappears

2. dictation button disappears in onenote app for windows

3. shortcut onenote for dictation

4. OneNote error dictation,
  5. onenote dictation windows 10,
  6. Can onenote 2007 dictation,
  7. onenote desktop dictation ,
  8. onenote for windows 10 dictation