Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by DavidY, Apr 4, 2018.

1. DavidY Win User

OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

Still OneNote desktop for me.
    I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an Outlook task).
    OneNote Store app still has a long way to go before it's as good, in my view.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: The best version of OneNote on Windows - Microsoft Tech Community - 183974

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2018
  3. wuverton2 Win User
    Cannot Install OneNote on Windows 10

When I try to download OneNote 2016, I get the message:
    OneNote is already installed on Windows 10. I can not sign in to OneNote on Windows 10. And I can not sign in to OneNote from the store.

wuverton2, Apr 17, 2018
  4. BillSalmi Win User

Windows 10 Pro I need to reinstall Store app how do I do that?

I have had many problems with Windows 10. After upgrade from Windows 7

Audio stutter noise. Many attempts to correct. It still persists

Edge browser often starts and vanishes. Then I fix it. Then the same problem reoccurs.

MANY problems with OneNote. Cannot easily determine if OneNote App, or OneNote 2016, or OneNote 2016 was launched.

OneNote 2016 when it worked, was used to create Password protection. OneNote 2016 stopped working. It ALWAYS states it cannot connect to the Internet.

Per various suggestions:

I have removed 'Windows credentials' for OneNote. (Associated instructions indicated they be recreated as functional. They did not get recreated.)

Uninstalled OneNote 2012 - apparently successful.

Uninstalled OneNote App. But cannot reinstall.

So now using Powershell to fix Edge and fix App Store so I can reinstall OneNote app

An attempt to fix issues - OneNote 2016 to continue working leads to more issues.

OneNote 2016 was used to set password. Without OneNote 2016 I cannot remove the password.

The password works from OneNote Online PC. It is not accessible from OneNote tablet (Android0.

****** Sync between OneNote PC and OneNote Tablet was the original purpose of OneNote ***

BillSalmi, Apr 17, 2018
  5. I start to like OneNote more and more. Very useful tool, and it's just getting better. *Wink

slicendice, Apr 17, 2018
  6. D4ni3l Win User
    me too, really

D4ni3l, Apr 17, 2018
  7. RickC Win User
    If it's going to be Store-based then I won't be using it.

RickC, Apr 17, 2018
  8. Cliff S New Member

I know, but still... they created one, phoooooey!

Cliff S, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

1. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016 - Similar Threads - OneNote replace OneNote

2. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2016: Hi I've been using the print > "send to onenote desktop" to import pdfs into my OneNote 2016. It was working great for a while, but this morning, it wouldn't import the document so I tried cancelling the document in the printer queue. It wouldn't cancel so I ended up...
  3. Converting OneNote 2016 shared workbooks so that they open on Windows 10 Onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting OneNote 2016 shared workbooks so that they open on Windows 10 Onenote: I work for local government. Previously we used onenote 2016 to access multiple shared notebooks, however new members of staff with rebuilt surface pros no longer have onenote 2016 and we have been told we are not permitted to reinstall OneNote 2016. Therefore we need to...
  4. Syncing between onenote 10 and 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing between onenote 10 and 2016: I have currently been using both because there are certain features like changing text in an image to be searchable that I can't do on onenote 10. Lately I have been having syncing issues. I have tried logging out and back in, manually syncing, and getting rid of things to...
  5. PDF Files and OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF Files and OneNote 2016: I am having trouble with OneNote 2016. I am unable to insert PDF file printouts. The process starts, but then just hangs. I have also tried unsuccessfully to print to OneNote 2016 from both Chrome and Edge - I get an "your printer has experienced an expected configuration...
  6. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  7. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote 2016: Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get OneNote 2016 to start normally please advise. Thank you jmf...
  8. In Search Of OneNote Replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Search Of OneNote Replacement: I use OneNote Version 16001.11231.20118.0 from MS Office 365. Every time I send it data copied from a webpage or my notes, OneNote in the MS Cloud sucks up the added data, even though I have OneNote disconnected from it. Bad idea, since I have a huge library of text-indexed...
  9. Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall

Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall: Hi I have both on my computers running W10 and office 365. Happy with the new OneNote but would like to uninstall OneNote 2016 as it confuses matters. Can I do so without losing any data (notes)? I understand that OneNote 2016 stores notes on the local hard drive but will...
  10. How to uninstall Onenote 2016

How to uninstall Onenote 2016: I have successfully uninstalled Onenote using the Power Shell. Now I want to do the same with Onenote 2016 but can't figure out how to do it. I have right clicked Onenote 2016 in the Start Menu and then chosen Uninstalled but Onenote 2016 is still there. Will someone...