Windows 10: OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

Discus and support OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have more than a dozen open notebooks and more recently closed notebooks, each with many many tabs. Is there a way to close them all so I can better... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SOHO1, Jan 6, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

I have more than a dozen open notebooks and more recently closed notebooks, each with many many tabs. Is there a way to close them all so I can better see which one notebook I am currently working in?

:)

SOHO1, Jan 6, 2017
  2. amcintire Win User

Why do all of the onenote subsections automatically expand in windows phone 8?

Why do all of the onenote subsections automatically expand in windows phone 8? I have many notebooks with dozens of sections so it takes me forever to scroll through the expanded list. It makes a lot more sense to have the sections collapsed by default (as
    was the case in WP7).

amcintire, Jan 6, 2017
  3. pbarmak Win User
    Quick Access folder always collapses

I'm having the same issue. And the answer posted so far doesn't help. Quick Access is my default to open to. I have it expanded on the sidebar. But once a file is opened or used in some way, Quick Access immediately collapses, and all the folders under
    it go hidden. I have to expand it every so often after usage of files in one of the Quick Access folders. Unfortunately, it's not consistent - sometimes it stays expanded, sometimes it collapses. Very odd behavior.

I can tell you this was not happening right after I upgraded to Windows 10. This seems to have started more recently, maybe after some update was applied. But I'm not sure when.

Again, the issue is the Quick Access "folder" collapses often, it doesn't stay open to show all the sub-folders or items under it on the sidebar. It should stay expanded, but it does not after some usage.

pbarmak, Jan 6, 2017
  4. OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

Hi:

It might help to know which version (although, based on the answer below, it might not matter).

Uncle Google did not turn up much, except this, where the answer was "No":*Sad

Closing Multiple Notebooks

I don't use OneNote, so I cannot verify the accuracy of that info.
    With any luck someone here who's smarter than I am will have a good answer for you.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2017
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    Agreed, having researched until my head hurt, the answer seems no. Marking this SOLVED seems so wrong. It's RESOLVED/CLOSED, but not SOLVED.

It's a dang manual process.

OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks? [​IMG]

SOHO1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

1. OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks? - Similar Threads - OneNote collapse expand

2. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you expand or collapse folders in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you expand or collapse folders in windows: Basically I want to do this on windows Expand All Folders in Apple Finder | Best Mac Tips. 166290
  6. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  7. Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?: Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case). How can I expand all/collapse all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-expand-allcollapse-all-button/c5999f7b-bb4a-4064-a450-89c43bdfff16"
  8. OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks?

OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks?: I have many open and many closed notebooks, on various local, network and clousd drives. Is there someway to collect all the notebook names and file locations together in one catalog? Certainly File>Info knows these exist, but browsing each one individually is not...
  9. OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook

OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook: Hello all, I apologize if this is a general question, I just have not been able to find a clear answer for this and wanted to reach out to you all. Whenever I open OneNote on my computer, it automatically opens my last-opened notebook with it. This is a concern of mine,...
  10. how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer: I've been needing to check the event viewer lately, and when I show in groups, there's a small arrow that lets one collapse each group, and then you see a summary of how many events are in each group. But to collapse all of them I have only found the tedious way by doing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote collapse all

2. how to collapse list of contents of notebooks in one note

3. how to collapse in onenote

4. collapse and expand in notebook,
  5. onenote collapse all folders,
  6. One note collapse button,
  7. how to collapse folders in onenote,
  8. how to collapse all pages in a onenote notebook,
  9. how to collapse all onenote,
  10. onenote 2016 collapse all notebooks,
  11. notebook colapse all,