Windows 10: OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook

Discus and support OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello all, I apologize if this is a general question, I just have not been able to find a clear answer for this and wanted to reach out to you all.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ilmone85, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ilmone85 Win User

OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook

Hello all,
    I apologize if this is a general question, I just have not been able to find a clear answer for this and wanted to reach out to you all.

Whenever I open OneNote on my computer, it automatically opens my last-opened notebook with it. This is a concern of mine, as some of my notebooks have material on them that I would rather not share (this computer is used by more than just me). I can close a notebook before I close OneNote (and that way the notebook won't open the next time I start OneNote), but I worry that I might occasionally forget to close my notebooks.

My question is: Is there a setting in OneNote so that I can prevent it from automatically opening a notebook each time I start OneNote?

Thanks!

:)

ilmone85, Mar 30, 2017
  2. Joe Men Win User

One Note

Hello,

Regarding your query, the OneNote automatically saves your notebooks/notes to your OneDrive storage.

If your OneNote 2007 is automatically syncing your notebooks to your OneDrive, you should also be able to open them using the OneNote for Windows 10.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Mar 30, 2017
  3. WP7 Onenote Mobile Sync Issue

Hi Frobisher,

You have to explicitly repeat the procedure of opening the notebooks for every notebook present on SkyDrive.

Or you can copy the link to OneNote notebooks opened in OneNote desktop and mail yourself the link and invoke the hyperlinks from mail on Phone to open all the notebooks on phone. And OneNote Mobile does not support versions other than OneNote 2010. Please,
    make sure the notebooks in OneNote desktop client are all of OneNote 2010 version.

Let us know if this helps in getting to your sections on phone.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Mar 30, 2017
  4. OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook

Hi ilmone85. Welcome to the TensForums @ilmone85

First if I were you I would have at least two user accounts on device. One for you, one for the others. Not sure who is the admin but if you are owner then they could be Standard.

While this doesn't answer your question it does give you a possible solution. You can password protect Notebook Tabs, right click on tab, then Password Protect this section.

Then head to options, Advance, then scroll down to passwords and set the options you want. The timer option should cover you.

Don't Password protect everything all at once. Learn on one tab then dive in.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook

1. OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook - Similar Threads - OneNote prevent automatic

2. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove a OneNote notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  6. Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016: Created several Notebooks using OneNote 2010. Moved to new laptop so downloaded free version of OneNote 2016 (not from Windows store). Some of the notebooks open, but when trying to open others, I get the message that I need Office 365 to view them. Why this inconsistent...
  7. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  8. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  9. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...
  10. Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid: Hello everyone! I have a Sony and an HP notebook with Windows 10 installed. When the computer is on standby and I open the lid or click the mouse, the computer turns on. Despite all the Energy settings in the control panel I cannot fix it. I want the laptop to open ONLY by...