Windows 10: ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login

Discus and support ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I had to wack and rebuild my computer. I now cannot access my OneNote using my gmail address, which has always been the log in. I now receive this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tryingcake, Mar 12, 2017.

1. ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login

I had to wack and rebuild my computer. I now cannot access my OneNote using my gmail address, which has always been the log in. I now receive this message:

"this type of account doesn't work with this particular service"

I opened OneNote on my phone and verified that this is indeed the account associated with the service.

I am using Office 365 Personal.

Thank you.

:)

tryingcake, Mar 12, 2017
  2. shapeesh Win User

Nokia Messaging cannot receive Gmail mails

Guys i cant seem to even login to the nokia messaging on the website, i put my google username and password, but it does not let me login, i tried making a new account and it says that it is already registered, but does not accept my password

My gmail was working fine on my nokia E72, and suddenly yesterday it started asking me for the gmail password. ( i can login to gmail.com with the same password and i havent changed it) Now my phone has stopped downloading emails from gmail.

shapeesh, Mar 12, 2017
  3. How do I access my gmail account from my sister's computer at a different address?

I need to access my gmail account from my sister's computer. She lives at a different address. The computer won't let me put in my account information at gmail login.

Cheri Mills, Mar 12, 2017
  4. ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login

Hi tryingcake. Welcome to the TenForums @tryingcake

So if I understand this correctly you used your gmail account id as your Microsoft account name and you can use this name with the Microsoft account password to sign into Office 365. Is that correct?

The error I've experienced is people using their real gmail password but that should generate a Password error and not the error you received.

Caledon Ken, Mar 12, 2017
  5. I am in Office 365 using the gmail account. However, When I try to add that account to OneNote (because it's not already there) I get the above message.

tryingcake, Mar 12, 2017
  6. Thanks. I may not be understanding but usually Office makes you use a Microsoft account. It can be the same name as your gmail account but usually you give it a different password.

I could be off on this. Do you have a Microsoft account?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login

1. ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login - Similar Threads - ONeNote won't accept

2. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login: Hello I made a poor selection while trying to trouble shootan issue with a program on my laptop.I tried booting into diagnostic mode using msconfig, and made wrong selections. When it rebooted it would not accept my pin# to login.I cannot boot into command prompt or do any...
  3. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login: Hello I made a poor selection while trying to trouble shootan issue with a program on my laptop.I tried booting into diagnostic mode using msconfig, and made wrong selections. When it rebooted it would not accept my pin# to login.I cannot boot into command prompt or do any...
  4. Windows won't accept login details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept login details: Hi, wondering if someone can help,I decided to reset my PC as everything of importance was moved to a new one, reset seemed to run fine, but when i get to the login screen it won't accept my email and password, nor will it accept any of the other 3 account i have access to,...
  5. Windows won't accept login details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept login details: Hi, wondering if someone can help,I decided to reset my PC as everything of importance was moved to a new one, reset seemed to run fine, but when i get to the login screen it won't accept my email and password, nor will it accept any of the other 3 account i have access to,...
  6. onenote login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    onenote login: do we need a ms email for onenote? It is unsafe for anyone store info online If you lose your email or phone etc Then your acc is unrecoverable you can never recover your acc and info is lost we should be able to use our account if we know our password what other...
  7. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several questions on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  8. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...
  9. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 won't accept password at login: When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to...
  10. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several question on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one note how to login with existing gmail account