Windows 10: Ongoing BSOD problems, various bugcheck codes

Discus and support Ongoing BSOD problems, various bugcheck codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am having seemingly never-ending problems with random BSODs on this machine despite changing virtually all hardware and even changing OS &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yupyup7up, Jan 31, 2017.

1. yupyup7up Win User

Ongoing BSOD problems, various bugcheck codes

Hi

I am having seemingly never-ending problems with random BSODs on this machine despite changing virtually all hardware and even changing OS & multiple fresh installs. I have just last week changed back to Win 10 from Win 7 due to random BSOD problems and yet again the issue seems to have followed me. *cry
    I've uploaded the first 2 log files.

With Win7 the BSODs seemed to be mostly when waking from sleep mode, and often days or even weeks apart. However now on Win 10 I have had 2 in the past few days and they both happened randomly just browsing firefox or system idle. Currently very minimal software installed (attempting to isolate problematic software but to no avail)

The first BSOD semed to be related to AMD graphics drivers so i removed and reinstalled them using DDU and also removed and reinstalled intel iGPU drivers just for good measure. I have since the crash removed the modest CPU overclock I was running (despite it being seemingly completely stable with 24hrs prime95 run) and also removed XMP profile from RAM by applying 'optimized defaults' in BIOS. Unfortuantely this alone is unlikely to resolve the problem as it existed pre-overclock and still occured at default settings previously, just did it to be sure.

This issue has been ongoing for a long time and I have changed a whole list of hardware (nearly everything except CPU, SSD and peripherals iirc)

I have a bunch of Win7 crash dmp files from the system if that will be any help I can upload those too

Any help anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated! If there's any info I have missed out just ask

Thanks in advance

:)

yupyup7up, Jan 31, 2017
  2. kulms Win User

Two BSOD's Critical Structure Corruption and Memory Management Need Help

I have had two BSOD's and I was wondering if they were hardware based. Here are the bug check codes that were retrieved from WhoCrashed.

Bugcheck code: 0x109 (0xA3A01F5A6188B626, 0xB3B72BE0B4096DC3, 0xFFFFE001DADCA800, 0x5)

Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41793, 0xFFFFF6800003CAA0, 0x145, 0x144)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

kulms, Jan 31, 2017
  3. BSOD after forced shutdown

Thank you

But can kernel power 41 cause bsod, i looked at event viewer, the bugcheck code is 0, if yes will it happen again?

DuckHappy321, Jan 31, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

With just these two crash dump files I would also be suspecting the graphics card drivers based on the analysis.

Code: ffffe100`b9a2a3e8 fffff80d`9b8d9f5bUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0310456.inf_amd64_54a99fe241bea5ba\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x69f5b[/quote] It may be a case of errors that arise when the system is swapping between the on-board graphics and the graphics card because in the earliest BSOD the intel graphics driver was active when the crash happened. If you are not using the on-board graphics you should disable it in the BIOS.

philc43, Jan 31, 2017
  5. Hi there,

just visually show what philc43 explained:

0x00000139: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (30.01.2017 23:59:27) [Windows 10]
    CAUSED BY:
    memory_corruption
    atikmdag.sys [13.01.2017] * ATI Video driver * => Support & Drivers

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (1.02.2017 16:09:47) [Windows 10]
    CAUSED BY:
    igdkmd64.sys [29.09.2016] * Intel Graphics driver * => Drivers & Software

SUMMARY:
    Looks like your drivers are up to date.
    Your BIOS Version is up to date too, thats fine:
    BIOS Version F2
    BIOS Release Date 09/19/2015

Bug check codes also pointing to driver/GPU problem.

BSODHunter, Jan 31, 2017
  6. yupyup7up Win User
    It may be a case of errors that arise when the system is swapping between the on-board graphics and the graphics card because in the earliest BSOD the intel graphics driver was active when the crash happened. If you are not using the on-board graphics you should disable it in the BIOS.[/quote] Thanks for the quick reply.
    That's a great suggestion thanks very much! Didn't occur to me to try that as I had previously disabled iGPU in Windows from device manager but logically disabling it in BIOS makes a lot more sense.
    I'll try that now

yupyup7up, Jan 31, 2017
  7. yupyup7up Win User
    Thanks for checking. I was concerned it was something to do with drivers for keyboard because Coolermaster haven't released one for a long time it seems but as far as I can tell I have the latest one (also tried Windows default driver as well, same problem).
    I have changed GPU a couple of times recently including both AMD and Nvidia and the problem remained throughout so I assume GPU hardware fault is highly unlikely which points to drivers

yupyup7up, Jan 31, 2017
  8. yupyup7up Win User

Another BSOD happened today when waking from sleep mode. I have attached the latest dump and other info using the dm log collector again. Any help much appreciated

yupyup7up, Feb 18, 2017
  9. there not much info in most recent BSOD dump:

Code: 0x000000EF: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (19.02.2017 20:45:56) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: ntoskrnl PROCESS: svchost.exe TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers 2. Check Hardware 3. Check Windows System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help 4. Update BIOS 5. Repair Windows Files System[/quote] Repair Windows Filesystem:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type these commands below, and press Enter:

dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk %systemdrive% /F /R /X
    fsutil dirty set %systemdrive%

SFC:
    The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    DISM:
    If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem.
    For example, you would use sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted. SFC should be able to repair the files afterwards.
    CHKDSK:
    Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad sectors, improper shutdowns, bad software, corruption, physical damage, etc...

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ongoing BSOD problems, various bugcheck codes - Similar Threads - Ongoing BSOD problems

2. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  3. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  4. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD with various stop codes: I have run into several BSODs in the past month, with stop codes PAD_POOL_CALLER, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and more. The frequency of the BSODs is random -- sometimes I see two BSODs within 48 hours, sometimes in weeks or even months. I have owned the...
  6. Getting BSODs with various error codes

Getting BSODs with various error codes: Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) Link to the past several dump files: DESKTOP-111I10D-(2020-10-16_20-17-23).zip - Google Drive Windows 10 has been crashing quite often since the the 2004 update. Crashes have occurred while on zoom calls, when gaming, and once...
  7. BSOD - Various Codes

BSOD - Various Codes: One of mu users has a new Dell laptop which BSOD a couple of times a day. I have applied the latest Dell and Windows updates but the issue persists. Link to the latest memory dump below...
  8. I’m getting various BSOD codes

I’m getting various BSOD codes: I built a new pc a few weeks ago and its been completely fine up until last night. I was playing some games with friends when all of a sudden I get the BSOD. Heres a link to the dumps https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mUbXa_XdXwP_LeLz6vMxuuliPVsMDmg9. Any help would...
  9. Getting various BSOD codes

Getting various BSOD codes: For a long time now (about 1 year - i simply haven't had the energy to really deal with it before now), i've had an issue where my computer will bluescreen after having been in idle doing absolutely nothing for some hours. The file 090718-6843-01 attached is from that. It...
  10. BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons

BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons: Trying to figure out what causes all these stop codes. New computer, specs below. Sometimes while working in Adobe Premiere Pro, I get a crash. Sometimes it's when I move the mouse. Sometimes, it's when I open a program. Each time, it seems, I get a different code. I have no...