Windows 10: Online Account Syncing

Discus and support Online Account Syncing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When we all come to install the final build of Windows 10, is there a way to enable the online account but not to let it sync all the settings? 3981 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by swarfega, Feb 3, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Online Account Syncing

When we all come to install the final build of Windows 10, is there a way to enable the online account but not to let it sync all the settings?

:)

swarfega, Feb 3, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User

Windows Phone Calendar

Your phone does not sync directly to your desktop.

Your Microsoft online account is in the middle.

The phone and the desktop sync to your online account.

A change on the desktop calendar syncs to your online account and then your phone has to sync to the online account to pick up the changes.

You have to figure out which link is not working.

garym123, Feb 3, 2015
  3. Urgent - sync error as account blocked from exceeded allowed no. of attempts to sign in

Urgent

Hi,

Unable to sync from the phone to the online account due to a sync error - account blocked from exceeded allowed no. of attempts to sign in. Unable to reset the password either. Able to advise how to enable the sync and to access the online account so as to
    sync from the online account to the phone? Thanks.

Account blocked user, Feb 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Online Account Syncing

Brink, Feb 3, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    ah ok. What would be your recommendation for what to enable/disable in syncing. I want to that fresh new feel when the time comes to install 10 final.

swarfega, Feb 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 3, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 3, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Online Account Syncing

Sorry for revisiting this, but I think the install method changed with the last build. Reason why I think that is because it did sync my email and lock screen picture which is precisely what I'm trying to avoid.

swarfega, Jul 25, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Nick,

Yeah, it has changed in the latest build. We no longer have an option during Windows Setup like in my screenshot above. We can still turn off syncing afterwards though.

Brink, Jul 25, 2015
  10. swarfega Win User
    By which time it's too late *Sad

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Online Account Syncing

1. Online Account Syncing - Similar Threads - Online Account Syncing

2. sync accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync accounts: Sync accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-accounts/b78e8c40-19a9-423b-9ed7-c85c5515cb63
  3. sync accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync accounts: Sync accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-accounts/b78e8c40-19a9-423b-9ed7-c85c5515cb63
  4. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  5. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced: I updated my Microsoft account email and username a while ago but it was never changed on my PC. If I try using "Manage my Microsoft account" it tries to sign me with an email that is no longer with a MS account. Signing in with the correct email doesn't change anything on my...
  6. sync account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sync account: Hi, My friend and I bought new dell laptop at the same time. I have no issue using my gmail account to do the first time setup. However, my friend is having trouble to get pass having her gmail account recognised in the first time setup. Microsoft recognise the gmail...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft online not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Microsoft online not syncing: After finding out one of my Windows 10 PCs was not using my Microsoft Online password, I attempted to fix the problem using steps posted in other threads. These did not work. Furthermore, after removal of the device from Microsoft Online, it no longer shows up there despite...
  8. Onedrive Sync icon not appear online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Sync icon not appear online: Dears. I have a problem in onedrive, from one week i'm not able to sync sharedfolders inside onedrive. I can see all the shared folder on the online but the SYNC icon is not appear to sync them with the computer. i tried with many users whom have access but same issue....
  9. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  10. Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account?: Hello, I would like to get a list as detailed as possible. Some concrete questions I have: Is the list of installed apps being synced? If so do default scam apps I uninstalled on my machine also get uninstalled the next time I install that machine or another using my...