Windows 10: Online backup service that stores a cloned copy

Discus and support Online backup service that stores a cloned copy in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've heard some good things about Backblaze but they don't have the option to store a cloned copy of the hard drive. Does anyone know a backup service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ptolemy, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Ptolemy Win User

Online backup service that stores a cloned copy

I've heard some good things about Backblaze but they don't have the option to store a cloned copy of the hard drive. Does anyone know a backup service that can do that? So in the event of a hard-disk failure I could be up and running pretty fast. Then from there just continue working on my computer.

:)

Ptolemy, Mar 30, 2017
  2. jimcasada Win User

Windows 10 upgrade is very unstable: crashes, freezes, locks up, etc....

I deleted Windows 10 and reverted everything back to Windows 7 via a cloned backup copy of my C drive. I highly suggest that anyone wanting to attempt this upgrade should first create a cloned copy of there main drive!!!

jimcasada, Mar 30, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    system backup

First - The reason you had trouble getting an answer is because 'system backup' means different things to different people. There are only two types of backup:

A file backup, aka file and folder backup, aka 'a backup' copies files and folders of your choice. This is used to backup your personal data.

An image, aka backup image is an exact copy of a partition, including the partition's metadata. Whereas a file backup copies files, an image copies 0's and 1's. An image is used to backup your software (and it also backups files and folders, just
    differently.)

You'll sometimes hear people talking about a clone which is an identical copy of a partition. An image (described above) is a clone that excludes sectors that have no data. Clones are used by law enforcement.

I haven't used the Aoemi product, but if it makes an image then you don't need a recovery disk. An image of the C: drive is bootable. There's no harm to making a recovery disk because belt and suspenders. However, if you have an image you don't need a recovery
    disk.

BulldogXX, Mar 30, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

You must have a blazingly fast broadband. What's your download speed? How big is your system drive?

Sweden had an average broadband speed of 19.7Mbps in Q3 2016 (source: https://www.fastmetrics.com/internet...by-country.php). That's 2.4MBps. A minimal install of Windows10/Office is about 15GB That will take about 2 hours to download. Upload speeds are generally slower (my upload is 1/16th my download speed). That would be 32 hours then...

Use an external HDD and something like Macrium Reflect. That's a much faster solution.

Afterthought: how do you intend to get an internet connection in the event of a hard disk failure?

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    As @Bree stated, unless you have huge internet bandwidth coupled with the most basic Windows installation, it would take forever to store the image online. And, on top of that, you would have to have a recovery solution that was able to retrieve the backup image from the cloud which would most likely also require a location to store a temporary copy of it locally during the restore process. The one time cost of less than $100 U.S. (895 Krona) for an external hard drive is a much more practical solution.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Online backup service that stores a cloned copy - Similar Threads - Online backup service

2. Offsite online backup services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offsite online backup services: I get a message to activate "offsite online backup services" in the Control Panel but cannot get to a screen that will allow me to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  3. Offsite online backup services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offsite online backup services: I get a message to activate "offsite online backup services" in the Control Panel but cannot get to a screen that will allow me to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  4. Offsite online backup services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R: Hi,I wonder if it is possible to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R.Any help in this regard will be appreciated.My question is particularly for DVD-R not Hard Drive or USB.Thank you...
  6. How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R: Hi,I wonder if it is possible to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R.Any help in this regard will be appreciated.My question is particularly for DVD-R not Hard Drive or USB.Thank you...
  7. How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Disk cloning and backup

Disk cloning and backup: I have a Windows 10 PC with a 250 gb SSD. I also have an external 250 SSD. Is there software that will allow me to clone the internal drive to the external for disaster recovery and then have all future disk writes go to both drives so that they are always identical?...
  9. clone or copy of PC

clone or copy of PC: I currently have a PC for work that runs Windows 10 but am about to head off on Maternity leave for 6 months and need to give the computer back. They will wipe the computer and redeploy it to somebody else. When I return to work in 6 months, I will be given another (exact...
  10. Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups: I use a 500 gb external HDD to store Windows backup files and System Images. I do a backup each morning. The 500gb external HDD stays connected to the computer and holds approximately 10 System Images in addition to the file backups A few days ago, I used Macrium Reflect...