Windows 10: Online Video Distortion

Discus and support Online Video Distortion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10. It is not an upgrade but an HP integrated system I bought fully loaded. For the past month I have intermittent distortion of online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LaharyPittman, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Online Video Distortion

I am on Windows 10. It is not an upgrade but an HP integrated system I bought fully loaded. For the past month I have intermittent distortion of online video being stretched out of proportion. The subjects or objects in any frame are "magnified" so large that just a persons lips fill the entire screen. As of today it's no longer intermittent or happenstance..now every video url I click immediately stretches totally out of proportion.

I've check my display adaptor and ran a search for updated display drivers-but Windows tells me that I already have the best driver for my setup.

What on earth can I do to normalize the proportion of my online video feeds???

:)

LaharyPittman, Aug 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 caused video distortion

Hi Mitchell,

Please answer the question below to assist you further.

- Did you make any changes prior to this issue.

- Does this happen while watching online videos or downloaded videos?

- Does this happen with all the videos?

I suggest you to update the graphic card drivers and check.

Follow the steps below to Update drivers in Windows 10

• Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as monitors, printers and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update.
    • While it’s likely that you already have the most recent driver, if you’re having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:
      • Select the Start button, type Device Manager, then select it from the list of results.
      • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
        Update Driver Software.
      • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      • If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
    • If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with video distortion, your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Opie540 Win User

Online Video Distortion

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Online Video Distortion

1. Online Video Distortion - Similar Threads - Online Video Distortion

2. Most videos on Youtube are distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most videos on Youtube are distorted.: Most videos on Youtube are distorted on Microsoft edge and Chrome as well. Restarting the device did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-videos-on-youtube-are-distorted/0fbed65a-767f-459d-80ee-a16d7e9cdbf5
  3. Most videos on Youtube are distorted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most videos on Youtube are distorted.: Most videos on Youtube are distorted on Microsoft edge and Chrome as well. Restarting the device did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-videos-on-youtube-are-distorted/0fbed65a-767f-459d-80ee-a16d7e9cdbf5
  4. Online Video Playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Online Video Playback: I have to restart my computer everyday for online video to play. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know how to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-video-playback/3d4c491c-b255-45f9-bee0-d816fc81d76d
  5. Distorted video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted video playback: hello i have a issue with windows 10 (18362.145) video playback platform related to nvidia drivers (gtx 1070). when i uninstall the driver completely, remaining windows basic video adapter, the problem is gone. i tried a lot of nvidia drivers and could not find a solution....
  6. streaming online videos

streaming online videos: still unable to successfully stream any on line videos after all the Windows updates...suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streaming-online-videos/67f2f550-45bf-4538-bf3b-b540b6c4145e
  7. online videos

online videos: I am unable to play online videos. What can I do to correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-videos/c6a679aa-d742-4ea6-9283-3056414c5367
  8. watching videos online

watching videos online: Trying to watch videos online and the view is huge. Cannot watch in normal view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watching-videos-online/4a64d85e-495d-4379-a778-f2791b689de2
  9. Video Clip Distortion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Clip Distortion: Sudden problem on my Lenovo laptop running Widows 10. For no apparent reason downloaded video clips, and some You Tube clips are unwatchable. It appears as though a small part of the original picture is magnified to fill the entire screen. Help, please!...
  10. My video playback is distorted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My video playback is distorted: My video playback just became distorted a week or so ago, and nothing I can do repairs it. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-video-playback-is-distorted/970cf17c-a938-49f9-a2fa-e062cce7b1be