Windows 10: Only 1 WiFi network

Discus and support Only 1 WiFi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. So I got myself an ASUS wifi dongle. I have 3 different router networks at my place (and like 7 visible naighbour networks visible on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sinplify, Aug 21, 2015.

1. sinplify Win User

Only 1 WiFi network

Hi.

So I got myself an ASUS wifi dongle.
    I have 3 different router networks at my place (and like 7 visible naighbour networks visible on my phone/laptop), but I can only see 1 network on my win10.

Is there any way to force a wifi-search and see what is going on since it cannot see any more networks?

:)

sinplify, Aug 21, 2015

2. Nokia Messaging Notifier not working properly (E71)

No.. there is one entry for each mailbox on homescreen.

mailbox1(1) .... 1 unread mail

mailbox2(4) .... 4 unread mails

Wifi networks

Search

if there is no unread mail there is only

Wifi networks

Search

This would be ok but normaly i see only something like this:

mailbox1 (3)

Wifi networks

Search

unless if there are some new unread mails in mailbox2.

regards

Peter

pezibaer---01, Aug 21, 2015
  3. unger123 Win User
    Connecting to WiFi stops 3G?

1. Is there such a thing as autoconnect to familier networks?Meaning If i connect once to wifi network, will it always connect to it, even if encrypted?

2.IF answer to (1) is yes:

If I'm about to enter an area with a Wifi network that my Nokia 701 automatically connects to, will it connect to it and stop using 3G? Meaning, does it use only Wifi, and not 3G, when connected to Wifi?

3. Is there an option to make wifi automatically connect to an UNLOCKED wifi network? Meaning I'm entering my office with my phone for a first time, wifi on - will it automatically connect to the open network in the office?

THANKS.

unger123, Aug 21, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Only 1 WiFi network

It helps to know the manufacturer and model of the dongle. Also you have to make sure you are not overlapping channels, and that you have the SSID showing. Are these "routers" actually Access Points? Unless you are cascading for security reason, you only need 1 router and then have multiple Access Points for coverage.

bro67, Aug 21, 2015
  5. sinplify Win User
    I have an ASUS USB-AC50 wireless adapter.
    The channels is set to auto on all routers.
    The routers are not set as access points, they are set up to point at different DNS servers with different port routing.

sinplify, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Isn't the usb-ac50 a 5ghz only adapter? Probably not seeing the other 2.4ghz networks.

sciencegeek, Aug 21, 2015
  7. PJLLB Win User
    You are correct. According to the web site it is only 5GHz: "The fastest Wi-Fi ever becomes more accessible via USB, going up to 433 Mbps on the clear 5 GHz band."

PJLLB, Aug 21, 2015
  8. sinplify Win User

Only 1 WiFi network

I have updated the frequency and it is now on 5GHz, but still, windows cannot detect the network... I live in an apartment, and some of the other networks around me is 5G, but they are also not detected by windows...

sinplify, Aug 22, 2015
  9. sinplify Win User
    My network list on my phone:

Only 1 WiFi network [​IMG]

My windows network list:

sinplify, Aug 22, 2015
  10. This is nothing to do with Windows. Your dongle cannot see 2.4GHz networks, only 5GHz ones.

nigelmercier, Aug 22, 2015
  11. sinplify Win User
    As stated in previous post, I already did switch my router from 2.4 to 5GHz, still nothing.

sinplify, Aug 22, 2015
  12. Try installing a WiFi sniffer program on your windows 10 computer and see what 5GHz networks it detects. Try inSSIDer (freeware version). Also, make sure your router is set to broadcast the SSID for your 5GHz network. If your 5GHz network appears on your phone, it probably is broadcasting.

sciencegeek, Aug 22, 2015
  13. sinplify Win User

Only 1 WiFi network

It is really strange...
    I am running inSSIDer and it is only detecting my 2.4GHz network.
    I have all of them broadcasting SSID on 5GHz band

sinplify, Aug 22, 2015
  14. Since it's not possible for a 5GHz adapter to detect a 2.4 GHz network, I assume something else is going on. Are you running a VM, as I notice in a previous image, a wired connection named Network 26? I assume you don't have a 2.4GHz adapter on your computer as well?

sciencegeek, Aug 22, 2015
  15. sinplify Win User
    I am also wired to one of my routers with cable.
    but it is not the same router as the USB-AC50 detects... :S

sinplify, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Only 1 WiFi network

1. Only 1 WiFi network - Similar Threads - WiFi network

2. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  3. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  4. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  5. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  6. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...: I will try to be specific. I have two computers;Computer A;Device name Brucer_CLXProcessor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900KF 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usableDevice ID 0EDDF607-2EA6-41EE-BDBD-8C5D8CE74553Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA494System type 64-bit...
  8. What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...

What to do if WIFI and Ethernet Networks conflict. This is an actual problen, it has...: I will try to be specific. I have two computers;Computer A;Device name Brucer_CLXProcessor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900KF 3.00 GHzInstalled RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usableDevice ID 0EDDF607-2EA6-41EE-BDBD-8C5D8CE74553Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA494System type 64-bit...
  9. Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...: Kindly help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-where-when-i-connect-to-a-wifi/a37ad551-939a-4011-b0dd-3fab8d720e21
  10. Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...

Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...: Kindly help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-where-when-i-connect-to-a-wifi/a37ad551-939a-4011-b0dd-3fab8d720e21