Windows 10: Only 2 speakers work out of 6 - Logitech x350 Audio System

Discus and support Only 2 speakers work out of 6 - Logitech x350 Audio System in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I registered today to seek for a solution to this annoying problem. I have the Logitech x350 Audio system, with 6 speakers and one sub-woofer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Overdose, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Overdose Win User

Only 2 speakers work out of 6 - Logitech x350 Audio System

Hello,

I registered today to seek for a solution to this annoying problem. I have the Logitech x350 Audio system, with 6 speakers and one sub-woofer and they worked pretty well on my former OS, Windows 8.1 x64.

Now I am currently using W10 and have used the same driver as before. However, analog output has become unchangeable, just like in this image.

Only 2 speakers work out of 6 - Logitech x350 Audio System [​IMG]

I really want to use all of my speakers, as I was able to before. Only two of them work properly. I tried changing them from the Playback devices in my audio panel, but that doesn't work either.

Can someone help me, please? If you need more info, just let me know.

:)

Overdose, Sep 2, 2015
  2. Ryan_PhD Win User

Audio skipping related to drivers? Latency reports included.

I'm having trouble with audio playback skipping a fair amount via my optical out cable to my speakers. Other direct connect audio outputs don't seem to be affected - only audio out via optical seems to have an issue. I have a done a fair amount of research
    myself but I'm at my wits end. I'm using a desktop running windows 10, I can post system setup if required. Speakers I'm trying to run it to are Logitech z-5500s. Steps I've taken so far:

1. Tested to see if direct connect works, it does (via 3.5 mm cable to another speaker)

2. Reinstall audio drivers, make sure all other drivers up to date

3. Update BIOS

4. Tried a new fiber optic audio cable

5. Hooked up my xbox to Logitech z5500s via optical cable - audio performance was fine

It seems that the issue is with the computer and not the speakers/optic cable, especially given #6. I tried everything that I thought would help and still it skips quite a bit.

I'm not sure what else to try - any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Here is the latency diagnostic test that was most current:
    Only 2 speakers work out of 6 - Logitech x350 Audio System [​IMG]

Ryan_PhD, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 has no 5.1 sound

Windows 10 has no 5.1 sound after an upgrade from Windows 7 that had 5.1 sound working.

The sound only works in stereo, but as soon as I set up the speaker configuration to match the 5.1 Logitech speaker system connected to three Audio outputs I get a message another Application is using the device, am I sure I want to test the speaker configuration,
    I insist - to which the test fails and I lose all sound, until I set it back to stereo, to which only the two front speakers work.

So - how do I set up the speakers - so that ALL 6 speakers work as they had for windows 7?

Deborah Schoen, Sep 2, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

The link you provided for the Genius sound card says "5.1" sound?? The links on that page for specs do not work.

However, do a "refresh" by going to the Device Manager and uninstalling the Genius sound, but DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and Windows should reinstall the sound. See if this helps.

fireberd, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Overdose Win User
    The sound-card I am using is Genius SM Live 5.1 and it worked properly for more than 4 years on three operating systems: W7, W8 and W8.1. If I uninstall the driver, Windows will use only two of my speakers and setting it up from the Playback Devices panel won't change that, even though I can select 5.1 or 7.1 or Quadrophonic.

Overdose, Sep 2, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    See:

Windows 10 not playing 5.1 sound - Windows 10 Forums

That poster's problem was fixed by re-installing the drivers that came with the card.

If you've already tried that and failed, I have no guesses. I expect most drivers that worked under 8.1 would also support 10.

bobkn, Sep 3, 2015
  7. Overdose Win User
    @bobkn

Your suggestion worked smoothly. I had no DVD-RW installed up until now, but I have purchased one and used the CD that the sound-card came with and it actually works. However, the latest drivers from the Genius website don't. I am quite happy I actually managed to solve this, thank you for your reply.

Overdose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Only 2 speakers work out of 6 - Logitech x350 Audio System - Similar Threads - speakers Logitech x350

2. speaker audio crackled out and stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speaker audio crackled out and stopped working: during a game, my laptop speaker audio crackled and stopped working. i tried using get help audio troubleshooter/legacy audio troubleshooter multiple times with get help trying different things including restarting the sound drivers and rebooting but none of them were...
  3. speaker audio crackled out and stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speaker audio crackled out and stopped working: during a game, my laptop speaker audio crackled and stopped working. i tried using get help audio troubleshooter/legacy audio troubleshooter multiple times with get help trying different things including restarting the sound drivers and rebooting but none of them were...
  4. My Logitech Speakers Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Logitech Speakers Stopped Working: I had some inexpensive Logitech speakers I plugged into the audio jack on my Dell. All of a sudden they stopped working. I went to the Windows sound section in settings--they weren't even recognized. However, they work in other devices. I tried headphones. They didn't work...
  5. Speaker audio cutting out in games only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker audio cutting out in games only: I have two audio outputs I use, a "Realtek Digital Audio" output going to a headset (steelseries sibera 800) and a "Speakers" output going to a stereo system. Both outputs use the same Realtek audio driver. Problem is, when I launch any game using the "Speakers" output, all...
  6. Logitech S120 Speakers Stopped working?

Logitech S120 Speakers Stopped working?: I've been using these speakers with minimal issues for almost a year, but upon bringing my pc home from college I set it up and the speakers are not being detected. They are listed on playback devices but say they are not plugged in. All drivers are up to date, I've tried...
  7. Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Only Coming Out of Wireless Speaker: Hello everyone, Yesterday I connected my Windows 10 laptop to Sony Wireless Speaker SRS-XB10 via Bluetooth. However, after disconnecting the speaker, I couldn't get any more audio from my laptop or headphones. So far I have tried to check the sound settings, reinstall the...
  8. only 2 speakers work

only 2 speakers work: Sorry if this has been asked a gazzilion times. I have a dell PC inspiron with windows 10. Logiteck 5.1 speakers that worked fine with windows 8. Now only two speakers work. They are connected in the back with the colored recepticles. I have my turntable connected through the...
  9. Audio only coming out of right speaker

Audio only coming out of right speaker: Hi, I recently bought two Polk T15 bookshelf speakers to connect to my PC. I bought an ONEU super bass AMP to power them as well. When I set up the speakers and connect them to my phone, they sound excellent and both speakers work, however, when I connect them to my PC, only...
  10. Logitech 5.1 center speaker not working.

Logitech 5.1 center speaker not working.: Hi. I have a problem for a long time with my 5.1 Logitech surround system. My center speaker is not working (physically yes). I have ASUS Maximus Hero VII motherboard. Plugged jack layout: orange: subwoofer/center channel, black: rear speakers, lime: front speakers. I have...