Windows 10: Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser)

Discus and support Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to costumize reading mode to fit better for my eyes but even though I updated windows 10 to the latest version (and hopefully it updated... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by barvaz128, Jul 31, 2018.

1. barvaz128 Win User

Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser)

I'm trying to costumize reading mode to fit better for my eyes but even though I updated windows 10 to the latest version (and hopefully it updated edge as well?) I still only have 3 themes (instead of 22).

this is how it should look like:

Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser) [​IMG]

this is how it looks like for me:

I tried the third option in this guide Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

but it didn't do anything.

screenshot of my windows version:

Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser) YBUqX0Q.png

Any ways to fix this?

:)

barvaz128, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

No way to change the Home page in Edge web browser

Hi Larryamoore,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to set the homepage on EDGE browser

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the EDGE browser.

• Click on Settings from the drop down menu.

• Select A specific page or pages under
      open with.

• Click on the option down to the
      A specific page or pages and select Custom from the drop down menu.

• You can Enter a web address (which you want to set as home page) in the text box by clicking on
      + button.

• Close the EDGE browser and open it again for the changes to take effect.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further 2assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Change " edge" to different home page

When i close it out it goes back to the 2nd pic !!

rhondahartjohns, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

Thema:

1. Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser) - Similar Threads - page themes reading

2. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !: Good morning, just a straight forward question today, what would be the best setting for me regarding efficiency mode on Edge? My laptop is always on my desk top plugged in, I would like the best performance settings please! At present "Unplugged, low battery" !Brian...
  3. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !: Good morning, just a straight forward question today, what would be the best setting for me regarding efficiency mode on Edge? My laptop is always on my desk top plugged in, I would like the best performance settings please! At present "Unplugged, low battery" !Brian...
  4. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser?: Hi I am speaking to a customer service rep at an org that I do business with. I am having an issue accessing data on a page on their site; the page tries to load, but I get an hourglass equivalent, and the page is stuck in limbo. Tried the latest FFox and Chrome. The...
  6. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  7. How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has relaunched its Microsoft Edge browser powered by the Chromium engine. It launched as a public preview – but the final build will be available soon. One of the most loved and latest features added to the new Edge [...] This post How to enable...
  8. New extension for Windows 10 Edge browser brings dark theme to web pages

in Windows 10 News
    New extension for Windows 10 Edge browser brings dark theme to web pages: A new extension Night Eye is available for Microsoft Edge which brings dark theme support to the web pages. The extension developed by Razor is available to download from the Microsoft Store. Night Eye brings the support for the dark mode for all websites like Facebook,...
  9. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  10. Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...