Windows 10: Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager

Discus and support Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now there are only 3 items (OneDrive, something for my touchpad and something from vimicro). This means that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Embb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Embb Win User

Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager

So I've just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now there are only 3 items (OneDrive, something for my touchpad and something from vimicro).
    This means that I my sound does not work as well as like Intel RST, the battery software and much more.
    I have tried to enable stuff from CCleaner but it does not seem to work.
    I'm running a lenovo laptop.
    Any possible fixes?

:)

2. slance310 Win User

Startup items not in Startup tab of Task Manager, Windows 10 Home

I think the problem is with your explanation of the problem...

3rd party programs do not appear in the Startup after a clean install... Because they are not part of Windows...

For some reason you are confusing two different file locations... I can't fix that...

The location where you mention "Hiding Microsoft Services" in System Configuration (msconfig) is not the same thing as the Startup Tab in Taskmanager...

slance310, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Startup items not in Startup tab of Task Manager, Windows 10 Home

Because that's what the thread at the provided link says to do, I don't know. Don't know what to tell you dude, the link is right there.

By reset I mean I used a USB and turned it into a recovery drive, and completely reinstalled windows by booting through it.

munchiesnOOb, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager

1. Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager - Similar Threads - few items Startup

2. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  3. The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.: Hello, I'd just like to say that I've read a similar thread to mine a few seconds ago. I have tried running SFC but it is not working. The only files showing up in the Start Up page in Task Manager, even though more programs actually launch. I'd like to disable them, but...
  4. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  5. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  6. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  7. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  8. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  9. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...