Windows 10: Only Intel graphics chip working with only one monitor working.

Discus and support Only Intel graphics chip working with only one monitor working. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My wife has a twin graphics laptop. With Intel on the mother board and a Nvdia second one. A desktop monitor is used via a Docking Station ACP70EU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by john7, Aug 24, 2016.

1. john7 Win User

Only Intel graphics chip working with only one monitor working.

My wife has a twin graphics laptop. With Intel on the mother board and a Nvdia second one. A desktop monitor is used via a Docking Station ACP70EU After the W10 update only the Intell chip is working through the Docker when the laptop screen is off but the desk top one is being used. As far as I know both used to work as some of the graphics programs are setup to use it, They are running but using the Intel one, I expect they are also not using the graphics memory either!
    If other display setups having the laptop screen running all’s OK and the Nvidia card is running.
    Is there anything we can do are we stuck with it disabled with just the desk top screen working?

:)

john7, Aug 24, 2016
  2. Tidemarsh Win User

Windows 10 Display Settings fails to detect 2 out of 3 monitors

All three monitors are now being detected and appear to be working normally. The workaround was to drive two of the displays with the Intel integrated adapter, and only one of the displays with a non-Intel adapter. The Intel adapter is set to primary.

So the bottom line is that for the current Win 10 drivers there is a conflict between the Intel driver and other graphics drivers that was not present for the Win 7 drivers, but that the conflict only appears if the non-Intel adapter is driving two monitors.

Tidemarsh, Aug 24, 2016
  3. j.c.h. Win User
    Windows go blank if snapping to top of secondary monitor

This worked for me as well.

Dell M4800

NVidia Quadro K1100M 2GB discreet graphics card

Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics chip

Using a Dell port replicator and using the laptop display in addition to three 24" monitors (one DVI, one DP+, and one VGA). Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 as well as SQL 2014 Management Studio all suffered the black snap-across-monitor issue, but disabling
    the "Auto adjust visual experience" and use hardware graphics acceleration" fixed all applications.

Thanks much for the tip.

j.c.h., Aug 24, 2016
  4. Only Intel graphics chip working with only one monitor working.

When a display is connected via a USB docking station, no onboard graphics are used for that display. It's using the GPU in the docking station. The laptops onboard GPU(S) are only used if the display is connected via the laptops Video ports. Or the internal display is in use.

alphanumeric, Aug 24, 2016
  5. john7 Win User
    Thats odd as my setup looks to have both running as does my wife's in any other configuration than just the one monitor? I am able to run the Nvidia control panel and add and remove programs from either graphics chip on both laptops except when just the one monitor is working. When I run graphics programs using the Nvidia the fan is also working a lot more so I don't understand that. This might be due to them using the graphics chip memory?

john7, Aug 24, 2016
  6. If the onboard display is active, dual graphics will work based on what apps or programs are running on that display. The onboard GPU does not send any graphics signal over USB. Disable the onboard display and it will default to the low power GPU. The Intel GPU. The GPU that is driving the monitor(s) connected to the docking station, is in the docking station. It's its own separate GPU, and its not managed by the laptops dual graphics. Open a program that uses the NVidia graphics on your laptops screen. Then drag it over so its running on your external display. Your laptop will likely toggle back to the Intel GPU. The GPU in the docking station likely has its own RAM. Go to device manager > Display Adapters, and see what's listed. I have 3 entries, AMD Radeon HD7600M, AMD Radeon HD7660G, and MB168B. The MB168B is my external USB 3 monitor. The 7600M and 7660G are my laptops dual graphics. They are 3 different GPU's. My external USB monitor has a GPU inside it.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Only Intel graphics chip working with only one monitor working.

1. Only Intel graphics chip working with only one monitor working. - Similar Threads - Intel graphics chip

2. Only one of my monitors will work at a time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one of my monitors will work at a time.: I just got a new pc for a job and when I first set it up, they were both connected and worked fine but then the next day I turn it on and only one is working. I figured it was wiring so I bought a wire, and it hasn't come yet but the weird thing is, is that when I went on the...
  3. Only one of my monitors will work at a time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one of my monitors will work at a time.: I just got a new pc for a job and when I first set it up, they were both connected and worked fine but then the next day I turn it on and only one is working. I figured it was wiring so I bought a wire, and it hasn't come yet but the weird thing is, is that when I went on the...
  4. Only one of my monitors will work at a time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nightlight only working on one of three monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight only working on one of three monitors: Hello,I have tried to switch from f.lux to Windows nightlight, as f.lux causes some issues for me. However when I turn on Windows Nightlight, it only affects one monitor. The monitor it works on is plugged in via DVI, the others are HDMI and DP.I already tried deleting the...
  6. Nightlight only working on one of three monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nightlight only working on one of three monitors: Hello,I have tried to switch from f.lux to Windows nightlight, as f.lux causes some issues for me. However when I turn on Windows Nightlight, it only affects one monitor. The monitor it works on is plugged in via DVI, the others are HDMI and DP.I already tried deleting the...
  7. Nightlight only working on one of three monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Only one monitor works at a time

Only one monitor works at a time: I just built my first pc, and I connect both monitors but only the first monitor connected displays anything and the other will just go idling to sleep. I updated the display driver I've tried to detect other monitors but nothing has seemed to work for me. Please help me...
  9. Two monitors but only one display works

Two monitors but only one display works: I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence. When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I...
  10. Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen

Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen: I have two screens that are extended but setting the night light feature on seems to be applied to one screen. I have tried disabling one of the Display Adaptors in my Device Manager and also trying to update DisplayLink in REGEDIT ---> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---> SOFTWARE but to...