Windows 10: Only internal mic works?

Discus and support Only internal mic works? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ImNotStupid{Sarcasm}, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Only internal mic works?

I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the Nextbook website, and i have combed through every part of the device manager and sound manager. When i go to troubleshooter, it says "no jack information available". My "internal audio jack" in sound manager was disabled, i enabled it, and it still didnt work. Also, strange thing, in my sound manager many things are listed as "Steam Streaming Device" or "Steam Speaker" or "Steam Streaming Microphone". The "steam microphone" was put as the description of the disabled audio jack, but i can find nothing about it. Anyways, searching the rest of the forums, all i get are the exact same textbook windows helper responses. i may have missed something in sound manager, but don't point out obvious things like "Is is muted". Please help!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

:)

ImNotStupid{Sarcasm}, Jul 7, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Internal mic not working

So my internal mic does not work, but for some reason when I blow into the head phone jack, it translates into the mic. I normally wear headphones and I really want this fixed can anyone help. My computer is a Lenovo g510

JohnAngelou, Jul 7, 2018
  4. WAHGGHAW Win User

Only internal mic works?

Internal mic removed by Windows 10?

I upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seems to work ok.

But the internal microphone (mic) no longer works.
    Nor does it show up on a list of "Recording devices" (even when I select "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices".

I am on HP compaq 610.

Anyone know exactly what to do to restore the internal mic, please?

WAHGGHAW, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Only internal mic works?

1. Only internal mic works? - Similar Threads - internal mic works

2. Mic not working on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not working on Chrome only: I have a Lenovo laptop and chrome isn't picking up my voice. My microphone is working fine everywhere else, just it isn't working on Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-not-working-on-chrome-only/85ec6984-df0e-4115-a3aa-4e2bd9909804
  3. Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio: So about a week ago my mic stopped working and doesnt detect anything But my friend told me that if im playing music or a youtube video they can faintly hear it but never hear my voice on voice chat I tried reinstalling the drivers and restore points and setting the internal...
  4. Stuck with internal mic

Stuck with internal mic: I recently decided to use a second monitor, while my laptop's lid is closed. I put the laptop under the desk and connected my earphones so i could listen but i discovered that i could barely hear myself. I'm sure its not a problem with the mic because i tested it before on...
  5. Internal mic no longer works after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal mic no longer works after update: Hi, I did a system update yesterday and after it had completed my internal mic no longer works. I discovered this just as I was about to give an on-line lecture. The mic worked fine the day previously, and when I look in the device manager it isn't on the list. All I seem...
  6. Laptop internal and external mic not working

Laptop internal and external mic not working: I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with...
  7. Internal mic not working anymore

Internal mic not working anymore: Hi, my laptop has an inbuilt microphone that used to work perfectly until a few months ago. However, I didn't use it often and just realized that it had stopped working last month. I have tried to do any solution that I can find in the internet, I have checked all settings...
  8. Toshiba Satellite L450 internal mic not working.

Toshiba Satellite L450 internal mic not working.: My Toshiba Satellite L450D Internal mic is not working. I am using Windows 10 and have tried updating the drivers as well as reinstalling the microphone. I have checked everything suggested. The mic is the internal Realtek High Definition. I have used the troubleshooter and...
  9. Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]: Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app], Please help. URGENTTTTTTTT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-internal-mic-on-not-working-on-browsers-but/b27b95c1-d6cd-4db3-9ae8-ed8827433242
  10. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...