Windows 10: only media player and groove music dont play audio

Discus and support only media player and groove music dont play audio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav. ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad ) how i fix this ? i have IDT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vlad, Aug 4, 2015.

1. vlad Win User

only media player and groove music dont play audio

only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav.
    ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad )

how i fix this ?

i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

:)

vlad, Aug 4, 2015
  2. bbelhadj Win User

Groove Music Player Error: 0xc00d36b4

Has this issue been solved? I have the same issues. When I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, all of the sudden, Windows Media Player would not play any of my music, just the same red X problem mentioned above. I have been reluctantly using Groove, which
    is not nearly as functional as Windows Media Player. Groove was working for me until today. I used Windows Media Player to rip a CD. I was able to play the CD audio while it was ripping. As soon as it was done, i went to Groove to make sure it showed up
    in my library there, and it does, but I cannot play it from file in Groove, I am getting the error code 00xc00d36b4 (00xc00d36b4) on all my music. Not only can I not play these new files (have tried both
    WMA and FLAC) in Groove, but now Groove will not play ANY of my music, with the same error code! And Windows Media Player will not play the newly ripped music from file either. Red X.

This is not a good situation. I have no way to play music. Tomorrow is New Years Eve.

Help?

bbelhadj, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Ripping and burning music and videos on Groove

Thank you.

Also, would you please ask Microsoft to add the ability to play music that one has gotten through Groove on Real Player and Windows Media Player, as well? Not only on Groove, but on other forms of software, too. As things currently stand, one can play
    music acquired through Groove only on Groove.

KathyGreen, Aug 4, 2015
  4. vlad Win User

I can solved as following.
    1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    2. Select Driver tab.
    3. Click Update Driver... button.
    4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
    5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.
    6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
    Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.
    7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver softwar

vlad, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Pups Win User
    That solved the problem! It was driving me crazy. Loaded additional codec packs (it's a jungle out there...), tried other versions from IDT, installed another music player (which worked...) but only noise out of Groove and WMP.
    You're great!

Pups, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. only media player and groove music dont play audio - Similar Threads - media player groove

2. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  3. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  4. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

8. Groove and Media Player not playing music / not recognising audio formats M-Audio M-Track...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove and Media Player not playing music / not recognising audio formats M-Audio M-Track...: Posted on 25 Dec 2019 Device: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd0xxx OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 10.0.18363 BACKGROUND: Purchased brand new laptop on 24 Dec 2019. It came with Windows 10 Home, and I upgraded it to Pro on the same day via Win10's settings Start ->...
  9. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12: Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it? 21253
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only media player and groove music dont play audio

2. windows media player and groove do not play audio