Windows 10: Only on user logged in with Windows 10?

Discus and support Only on user logged in with Windows 10? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I get it done with gpo that only one user can be logged in with Windows 10? 23578 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ken76, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Ken76 Win User

Only on user logged in with Windows 10?

How do I get it done with gpo that only one user can be logged in with Windows 10?

:)

Ken76, Sep 21, 2015

2. Last logged on user is automatically logged on again after powerint-off and back on or restarting since Update to Windows 10 version 1709

Martin, see if you can untick the box to deselect log-in for each user. I know it works for built-in Admin. If not just have each user do it with Admin privileges.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Last logged on user is automatically logged on again after powerint-off and back on or restarting since Update to Windows 10 version 1709

Press Windows key + R to open Run.

Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter.

Select the User account you are using under the User tab.

Check by clicking "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox and click on Apply.

Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

or

Press WIN + R, type regedit and click on "run".

Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch

Change value of the key Enabled from 0 to 1

There's one more problem to solve: The user SYSTEM automatically changes the value to 0. So we will disallow the user SYSTEM to change it.

Right mouse click at registry key UserSwitch -> Permissions

Click on Advanced and then on the Disable inheritance-button; if your are prompted with two options now, choose the first one (Convert inherited permissions into explicit ones for this object)

At the top of the dialog, change the owner from SYSTEM to the group Administrators (if your Windows is not in English, the name might differ a bit, e.g. in German it would be "Administratoren")

Select the group Administrators entry -> Allow -> full control

Double click the entry for SYSTEM, select type Deny and click on Show advanced permissions. Here Clear all -> only check Set value

Andre Da Costa, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Only on user logged in with Windows 10?

1. Only on user logged in with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - user logged

2. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  3. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  4. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User Account control order of log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account control order of log in: Hello, I am trying to add adobe animate on my computer but the user account control thing pops up. It says add username and password. I know what they are but I dont know in what order to put them in. There is only one text box to put both things in. And just to clarify I am...
  6. User Account control order of log in

User Account control order of log in: Hello, I am trying to add adobe animate on my computer but the user account control thing pops up. It says add username and password. I know what they are but I dont know in what order to put them in. There is only one text box to put both things in. And just to clarify I am...
  7. User password must be changed before logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  8. User password must be changed before logging in

User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  9. User password must be changed before logging in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10: How can i make my account administrator again i cant download apps what do i need to fix this please help im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5-log-in-administration-user/9eaeb013-6e87-4ecc-8e74-e67cc0e4c0e0