Windows 10: Only one of two optical drives recognised by W10

Discus and support Only one of two optical drives recognised by W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, still checking out changes but most obvious is loss one of my drives. can anybody advise how to locate? 13296 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by demby, Aug 5, 2015.

1. demby Win User

Only one of two optical drives recognised by W10

HI, still checking out changes but most obvious is loss one of my drives. can anybody advise how to locate?

:)

demby, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Rahere Win User

(SOLVED) How to Make your Acer C110 and Acer C112 Projector to work with Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 ; (SOLVED) Acer c110 led projector not working in Windows 8 but listed as compatible hardware

There may be two problems

- The projector is seen as an optical drive, not as a display

- The DisplayPal setting application installs but aborts. Windows 8 recognises it attempting to change windows settings.

Rahere, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Two drives, two OS (Vista, W10) and one computer?

In theory, installing the same license on more than one drive, even on the same computer is not allowed. In practice I have seen it working. Just no guarantee it will continue to work. Switching between one HD drive and the other can confuse the activation
    system. Yes, I suspect you will be happiest with Win10 on the SSD. Using the instructions it should be easy to setup a VM that you can run Vista inside of.

Rohn007, Aug 5, 2015
  4. uscdadnyc Win User

Had a similar problem when using WinXP. And the solution there was -Control Panel, -Administrative Tools, -Computer Management, -Disk Management. This allowed the user to change the Drive Designations of HDDs and Optical Drive(s).
    A similar path in Win10 would be right-clk on the Start Button. -control panel, -system & security, -administrative tools, -computer management, -storage, -disk management. BUT unlike WinXP, in Win10 the "missing" optical drive is NOT There. *Confused*Confused*Confused
    I do not have a solution yet. B/c on Labor Day Weekend, I have need for two Optical drives to be working on the same PC. For Labor Day and other instances b/f Labor Day, I will put back my win7 HDD.
    The Win10 situation is in Win10 b/c: 1)in my Win7 , my optical drives works OK, 2) my Dell PC's BIOS detects both Optical Drives Properly.
    I will check back on this Thread periodically. Hopefully somebody can figure it out. I will probably not work on this for another 2 weeks. Good Luck & Thanks

uscdadnyc, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Only one of two optical drives recognised by W10 - Similar Threads - optical drives recognised

2. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  3. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  4. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  6. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  7. Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks: I wanted to install a wifi software to my Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF but I found that there were troubles with the optical drive it came with. Windows cannot detect any dvd disk I insert. I want to know what I can do if this is an OS problem or a hardware problem. If it’s a...
  8. Two One Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two One Drives?: Just got a Windows tablet and everything is working pretty well. BUT Went to copy some files from One Drive that I had just sent from my desktop specifically for that purpose. When I logged into One Drive from the tablet it showed a whole different set of files than those I...
  9. optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14
  10. Two W10 drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two W10 drives: I just got a new DELL with a single HDD. I would like to take the system drive from my old HP Pavilion and install it as a second drive in the DELL (The drive is a very nice new WD). When I first boot up, the PC will see two system drives. Will this cause a problem? How...