Windows 10: Only one side of laptop fan working

Discus and support Only one side of laptop fan working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After disassembling and reasembling everything together, only right fan is working, and is going on full blast. I disconnected the right fan cable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by winhelper, Feb 17, 2018.

1. winhelper Win User

Only one side of laptop fan working

After disassembling and reasembling everything together, only right fan is working, and is going on full blast. I disconnected the right fan cable to see if left fan is working, it is working after I disconnect the right fan. But when connected the right fan back, the left stops working and the right is on full blast. Why is this issue happening, does it have to do with bios?

:)

winhelper, Feb 17, 2018
  2. OzzyRobba Win User

System Malfunctions?

Thank you for the help! My fan is working at its proper speed Only one side of laptop fan working :) I say fan because only one of them works now so one side is ice and the other side is molten lava. Is there anyway i can go back to windows 8? I am not happy with 10. I appreciate your help
    and time, thank you.

OzzyRobba, Feb 17, 2018
  3. miellie Win User
    only one side of the earphone is working

Hi i have Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual sim .my problem with it is that only one side of the earphone is working.i hv tested the earphone from other phones they work fine both sides only on thiss Lumia one side is working

any advise pls ...

thank

miellie, Feb 17, 2018
  4. Only one side of laptop fan working

Emmmmmmmmmmm, I have to ask ...... are you SURE you assembled everything correctly? Why the need to disassemble in the first place? Was it doing this BEFORE the disassembly?

indianacarnie, Feb 17, 2018
  5. winhelper Win User
    I was cleaning out the system. Yes I'm 100% sure I assemble everything correctly, I unplug the right fan to see if the left one is working and it is, but they don't work in tandem. No it wasn't doing this before.

winhelper, Feb 17, 2018
  6. Well, .............................. seeing as to how it wasn't doing this BEFORE you disassembled it ............. and it is NOW ............ I would advise you to try it again because its pretty obvious you didn't reconnect something and/or joggled something. No, its not a Bios issue.

indianacarnie, Feb 17, 2018
  7. winhelper Win User
    Is weird that only one fan is working at a time. Both fan are working as I tested. Could it be a battery issue, sending too much pwr to one side of the fan. I have the asus gl502vs, does it have to do with battery setting and graphic card optimus setting

winhelper, Feb 17, 2018
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

I disassembled a few laptops in my day, can't recall ever seeing one with two fans. Love to see a pic.
    Is this a gaming laptop? Could the second fan be for the video chip?
    If so, then it could very well be a fan setting that has changed. So let's not rule that out right away.

What is the brand and model number?

9. winhelper Win User
    Is the asus gl502vs, you can search the internal up on gl, I also think is the sw setting but can't figure out why

winhelper, Feb 17, 2018
  10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    I just looked through the users manual for that machine and the BIOS settings. I do not see any Power Settings for fans.
    You could reset the BIOS Defaults just for good measure. Just be sure to note any system changes that you have made manually so you can set them back afterward.

You could scan any Asus utilities installed on the laptop that might have anything to do with cooling, fans, or power control. But I doubt this is an option.

11. winhelper Win User
    There's no sw to control pwr or fan.I already reset the bios and still issue persists.

winhelper, Feb 17, 2018
  12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Then I have to agree with the others that the problem is mechanical: something that happened during the disassembly and reassembly. You will need to check everything carefully. Look for power headers installed reversed (rotated 180 degrees).

13. winhelper Win User

I didn't mess with the pwr or battery, I only took the fan out and clean it

winhelper, Feb 18, 2018
  14. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    And when you took the fan out to clean it, it had a 4 prong power header attached to the motherboard.
    That is where the problem could lie.

15. winhelper Win User
    So you are impling that I didn't plugged the cable back? I connected both of the fan cable back to the connector. Like I said in the test, when I unplug the right fan cable, the left fan is working, when I plugged back the right one, only the right one is working

winhelper, Feb 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Only one side of laptop fan working - Similar Threads - side laptop fan

2. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones working only on one side: I updated some drivers recently, and ever since, my headphones are working on ly on the left side. I tested it on another device and it's working normally. I tried to uninstall the device, update drivers and use troubleshoot. The latter one detected a problem but offered no...
  3. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones working only on one side: I updated some drivers recently, and ever since, my headphones are working on ly on the left side. I tested it on another device and it's working normally. I tried to uninstall the device, update drivers and use troubleshoot. The latter one detected a problem but offered no...
  4. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only one side of the headphone is working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Only one side of the headphone is working [Fix]: [IMG]Headphones are equipped with earbuds for both left and right ears to create a symphony. When either one is not working, the sound coming out of that device will be distorted. In this post, we will see what you can do if only one side of the headphone is working. Why does...
  6. every headphone pair only one side working

every headphone pair only one side working: I have tried every pair headphones that I have and only the right side is working on all of them. Anyone know why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-headphone-pair-only-one-side-working/95883c8b-e391-47e3-abcd-563d05546a8f
  7. every headphone pair only one side working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every headphone pair only one side working: I have tried every pair headphones that I have and only the right side is working on all of them. Anyone know why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-headphone-pair-only-one-side-working/95883c8b-e391-47e3-abcd-563d05546a8f
  8. Laptop fan at the side

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop fan at the side: 1, The side fan is not working2 Sometimes the laptop freeze3 It shut down some time telling that the BIOS is missing or corrupt4 I can't get these apps back on my laptopI need help to get these apps...
  9. My headphones are working on only one side.

My headphones are working on only one side.: Idk why. The headphones are not the problem, because they work fine on my other computer and I used to use them all the time on this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-headphones-are-working-on-only-one-side/3769f5c2-7b70-4437-a6ba-275985a76644
  10. Only One side of Earphones is Working on my Windows 10 Laptop.

Only One side of Earphones is Working on my Windows 10 Laptop.: Hey, My Problem is that only one side of my Earphones is working in my Laptop. I have Checked the Earphones and Both the Sides are working Perfectly in other devices. I have Even checked the Audio Balancing and Both the Sides are Perfectly Balanced. Another issue is that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if one side of the fan of the laptop is weaker