Windows 10: Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side

Discus and support Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a user who is using windows 10 on both their computer and their virtual machine. When trying to transfer files back and forth between computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cla0612, Aug 24, 2018.

1. cla0612 Win User

Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side

We have a user who is using windows 10 on both their computer and their virtual machine. When trying to transfer files back and forth between computers with our FTP, the user is unable to access their files on the virtual machine only their local computer. It will show up in the browser but not in windows explorer.

However if you use someone else's credentials to log into the FTP on the virtual machine - it works for them.

Any Ideas?

:)

cla0612, Aug 24, 2018

2. Suggest FTP client

i need a ftp client like smartftp in which i can add files to upload in queue and i can set schedule time like from 2am to 7pm etc.. after 7am or completing upload it should shutdown my laptop automatically..

using windows vista homeemium..
    actually i was satisfied with smartftp but it stopped working now..i think trial copy expired..

so suggest me which ftp client i should use?

freebird_9924, Aug 24, 2018
  3. FTP Client

Does anyone know if there is any way of using FTP with the Kin TWOm? If I try to specify FTP:// in the browser window it tells me it is an unsupported protocol. Oddly, when I go into the service menu there are some FTP parameters in there.

gkamieneski, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side

FTP client

Hey folks,

I can't find an ftp client in Apps. Do you know of anything? Or is there an tiny ftp server that we can install on our Lumia 920?

Thanks!

PlantGardener, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side

1. Only one user can not access their FTP on the client side - Similar Threads - user access FTP

2. client side error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    client side error: i've been trying to fix this issue on this website where it'll say "application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information." after i've clicked a button for a checkout on something i was gonna buy. i've cleared the cache and...
  3. client side error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    client side error: i've been trying to fix this issue on this website where it'll say "application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information." after i've clicked a button for a checkout on something i was gonna buy. i've cleared the cache and...
  4. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones working only on one side: I updated some drivers recently, and ever since, my headphones are working on ly on the left side. I tested it on another device and it's working normally. I tried to uninstall the device, update drivers and use troubleshoot. The latter one detected a problem but offered no...
  5. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones working only on one side: I updated some drivers recently, and ever since, my headphones are working on ly on the left side. I tested it on another device and it's working normally. I tried to uninstall the device, update drivers and use troubleshoot. The latter one detected a problem but offered no...
  6. Headphones working only on one side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. one user can access, other user cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one user can access, other user cannot: Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to Everyone. CompS (source) UsernameS (standard account) can access compD (dest) which also has UsenameS. CompS Explorer lists...
  8. Trying to open and install FTP client.

Trying to open and install FTP client.: So I was trying to download an app onto my computer called File Zilla. It's an FTP client that allows you to easily upload and download files from your web hosting server. When I downloaded the client and clicked open, it put up this weird error message that said some file...
  9. FTP Server can not access some HDDs

FTP Server can not access some HDDs: I have enabled the built in FTP server in Windows 10. In the IIS console I have set up access to all 4 of my HDDs(Win 10 x64 runs on an SSD) but only 2 of them are visible. I have made sure my account has ownership of the drives and has sufficient permissions. What would...
  10. FTP accessibility

in Browsers and Email
    FTP accessibility: Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers? 83588