Windows 10: Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

Discus and support Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mertzi, Jan 30, 2015.

1. mertzi Win User

Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

Hello!

I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin shortcuts to the start menu like you can in windows 7 i.e. to the top left, NOT as a tile. Now it seems that function has been removed in the latest build, or have I missed something? For my usage this makes the return of the start menu pretty pointless. It's just a smaller start screen.

:)

mertzi, Jan 30, 2015

2. Dual Sim Calling and Messaging Icon Not getting pinned to the start screen

Hi the dual sim phone and messaging tiles are not getting pinned to the tiles screen (start screen of my phone) when tries the "pin to start" option is disabled

Suresh KumarKella, Jan 30, 2015
  3. BayoNX19 Win User
    Start Menu No Default Selection For "Pinned Tiles" vs "All Apps"

This does not answer my question. I already have "Show app list in Start menu" on. I want to turn "Pinned tiles" OFF, or make "All apps" open INSTEAD OF "Pinned tiles" when I go to the start menu.

BayoNX19, Jan 30, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

You mean, like this ?

Attachment 11629

AddRAM, Jan 30, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Hmm. I think he wants to pin a shortcut to the start just like you can pin one to the desktop. If that's the case I don't think you can right now.. but I could be wrong on that.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 30, 2015
  6. mertzi Win User
    Yes, e.g. snipping tool, is that pinned and not just there because it was used recently?

mertzi, Jan 30, 2015
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Each one still gives me the option to pin but.......it would end up on the right hand side.

But no the option is not like Windows 7 *Sad

And I have these unchecked.

AddRAM, Jan 30, 2015
  8. mertzi Win User

OK great! How do you do that? The latest demos I've watched they can only choose "pin to start" when they right click and that pins it as a tile. I probably should install the preview as a VM.

mertzi, Jan 30, 2015
  9. AddRAM Win User
    I forget, maybe I had store and display checked, the icons where there, then I unchecked and removed the icons I do not use and left them there (Paint and Snip)

AddRAM, Jan 30, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Press and hold 'Shift' while right clicking, it should give you the options to 'Pin to Start', 'Pin to Start List' and 'Pin to Taskbar' for most items.
    Can't do it on the 'Continuum' UI though! *Sad

Edwin, Jan 30, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    OK great! How do you do that? The latest demos I've watched they can only choose "pin to start" when they right click and that pins it as a tile. I probably should install the preview as a VM. I simply left click on the item, snip tool and it lets you pin it to the start.

Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 30, 2015
  12. mertzi Win User
    And "pin to start list" is still there in the latest build?

mertzi, Jan 30, 2015
  13. AddRAM Win User

Jeff, that pins them to the right hand side, not the left like the OP wants.

Yes, pin to start list is there when you choose an icon to pin.

Edwin has the answer. Good job Edwin *Smile

I knew someone would come up with the answer.

Rep given *Party

AddRAM, Jan 30, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Oh,, my mistake.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 30, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    And "pin to start list" is still there in the latest build? Yup.

Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"? - Similar Threads - pin start tile

2. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  3. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  4. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: I have a tile that is blank which I would like to change. In the latest win10 build where are these pinned tiles located? Do they work just like old style shortcuts, could I just change the picture of the icon?...
  6. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  7. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: Hi I've been searching for a while and i can't find where the pinned tilesin Start menu are located. All I can find is a list of folders that doesn't have the pinned tiles: This doesn't have what I need: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs...
  9. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  10. tile names/pin to start

tile names/pin to start: In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in...