Windows 10: Only power saving GPU available in Windows 10 Graphics Settings

Discus and support Only power saving GPU available in Windows 10 Graphics Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has two GPUs connected to it. Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidia NVS 4200. All my Windows Store apps use the Intel GPU but I would want them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tikolu, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Tikolu Win User

Only power saving GPU available in Windows 10 Graphics Settings

My laptop has two GPUs connected to it. Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidia NVS 4200.

All my Windows Store apps use the Intel GPU but I would want them to use the Nvidia one, so I go to Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings, then I select a Universal App and click options.

Both Positions, Power Saving and High Performance are Intel HD Graphics 3000, leaving me with no choice but to use the Intel GPU.

Only power saving GPU available in Windows 10 Graphics Settings c6203750-1211-4c04-8a11-f1fe47217b8a?upload=true.png

How can I make the High Performance GPU to be my Nvidia one?

Classic (exe) Programs run on the Nvidia GPU, the only problem is with UWP Windows Store Apps.

:)

Tikolu, Jul 20, 2018
  2. keyvis Win User

Select GPU to use by specific applications

I've said that I've tried it, and explained that for me specific GPUs are not available to select there. I have only available Power Saving and High Performance presets there that are set for the same GFX card (GeForce GTX 1060) for me,
    that is system default too. In NVidia on AMD settings you can only switch between integrated and dedicated GFX card, not between 2 cards especially from 2 different vendors. So, how to assign different GFX card to Power Saving preset? Or how to unlock option
    to select specific GFX card there besides those 2 presets?

keyvis, Jul 20, 2018
  3. TomWoB Win User
    LogViewer for GPU-Z available !

I tried Nvidia Inspector (which is very close to GPU-Z), but it logs with a different column delimiter. With the following steps you can "convert" a Nvidia Inspector logfile into a GPU-Z logfile:

• open Nvidia Inspector logfile (typically "NVIDIA_Inspector-MonitoringLog_....csv") in a good text-editor (UltraEdit ,...)
    • find/replace column delimiter: find all semicolon ';' and replace them with comma ',' (in a good text editor you can do this in one step "replace all")
    • save changed logfile with extension ".txt"
    Now you can open the saved logfile as a "GPU-Z logfile" !

TomWoB, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Sleep mode doesn't save app settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the pending updates?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the
    Power troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Power
      troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

1. Press Windows logo key
    +R, enter MS-settings: and then press OK. This opens Settings.

2. In Settings, go to
    Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
    Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Only power saving GPU available in Windows 10 Graphics Settings - Similar Threads - power saving GPU

2. What is my amd radeon 610 gpu not available in graphics settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is my amd radeon 610 gpu not available in graphics settings?: What can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-amd-radeon-610-gpu-not-available-in/45e5dd24-ec59-4e5a-9777-a75a4efc8bb4
  3. What is my amd radeon 610 gpu not available in graphics settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is my amd radeon 610 gpu not available in graphics settings?: What can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-amd-radeon-610-gpu-not-available-in/45e5dd24-ec59-4e5a-9777-a75a4efc8bb4
  4. What is my amd radeon 610 gpu not available in graphics settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. GPU not available as graphics preference in windows settings

GPU not available as graphics preference in windows settings: Hello, I am having issues getting some programs to utilize my dedicated graphics card on my laptop over the default integrated graphics. Normally this GPU would appear as the the high performance option in graphics settings but it is no longer there and I cant force certain...
  6. How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10: While I have both these cards in my system: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Windows only gives me the option to use the weakest one. I've searched the whole world for a solution, unfortunately without success. Any idea? Thanks in advance....
  7. Power saving GPU not showing up?

Power saving GPU not showing up?: Hi I recently purchased a GT 635 to mess around with and to run my Web browser due to issue's with AMD but for some reason when I go to "Graphics settings", choose an App, and then press "options" to change which card runs the app the GT 635 with fully up to date drivers...
  8. "power savings switch" new setting is graphic?

"power savings switch" new setting is graphic?: After an automatic update a while back in windows 10, i now get a window that says "power savings switch" is changed. New setting is now Graphic. This change will be effective when you reboot now or later. It doesnt matter when i push the reboot button, the window is always...
  9. Windows 10 Graphics settings High performance or power saving - Functions of it are not...

Windows 10 Graphics settings High performance or power saving - Functions of it are not...: Windows 10 makes when you select high performance or power saving are not listed anywhere. What concrete does this functions are doing with the apps that I can choose ?And which programs are suitable for an high performance ?...
  10. power settings not saved

power settings not saved: I've seen this question asked dozens of times. Is there a fix for this? I have all of my power settings set to max performance and "never." Nothing works. My computer falls asleep about as fast as my cell phone (1 minute). Waking it up means I have to log in again. VERY...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows define power saving high performance gpu

2. how to change the gpu to high power or power saving in windows 10

3. windows 10 set power saving gpu

4. high performance and power saving gpu are the same,
  5. windows settings for gpu,
  6. nvidia power saving,
  7. only power saving gpu in settings,
  8. gpu power settings windows 10,
  9. windows not saving graphics settings,
  10. how to add power saving gpu to windows 10,
  11. set intel hd as power saving gpu,