Windows 10: Only two updates available

Discus and support Only two updates available in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I'm doing a clean install of windows creators on my laptop. But I have run into some issues with WU.... Until Yesterday I had a several updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Only two updates available

Hi
    I'm doing a clean install of windows creators on my laptop. But I have run into some issues with WU....
    Until Yesterday I had a several updates from Windows Update prompting a restart.
    But today when I connect to internet for the first time only two updates are downloaded, the removal tool and one update for Windows Defender. No more. No restart required. This causes concerns for me and when I try searches for new updates WU just says there are none. But there was yesterday so where have they gone???
    Is there a way of manually downloading these current update or should I just wait 24hrs and try again?

Please advise

:)

Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017
  2. Jampe Win User

No reinstall option after installing Belle FP1 on nokia 701

The reason you don't have the reinstallation option is because the update was made available to your product code only via OTA update. Usually, minor updates are available via both Nokia Suite and OTA. However, sometimes for some variants the update
    is released using only one of the two options available.

Jampe, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Haw404 Win User
    Turbotax 2017 Shuts Down Upon Launch

The only two files available are:

Windows 10 Update Assistant and MediaCreationTool,

Which one are you referring to?

Haw404, Jun 29, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

Only two updates available

Goto control panel, then look in 'programs and features' and click 'installed updates'. That will show what you really have installed.

A clean CU install should as far as I know just have the latest cumulative update to accompany it plus Defender .

If you have used a back up and restore program and used it to actually restore your new installation then it is possible the history list has been lost which in itself nothing to worry over.

Latest build in settings > system> about should be showing as:
    Version... 1703
    Build... 15063.447

See if the update is shown in control panel first.

Mooly, Jun 29, 2017
  5. KB4022716 Is missing, all else seems to install correctly.

Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    That sounds a bit odd. Not really sure what to suggest next tbh, particularly with this being a clean install. In hope you could try running a full disk clean (including system files) and then do a restart. Wait a few minutes and (if it hasn't already done so) try a new manual check.

Edit... and what build is yours showing ?

Mooly, Jun 29, 2017
  7. Apparently MS has pulled KB4022716 as it is supposed to introduce some bugs. So that's probably why Windows Update doesn't offer it.
    Tried on my other computer and it wouldn't download there either.

Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017
  8. Mooly Win User

That's interesting. So another problem release by MS then. I hadn't checked for that possibility tbh as I installed it the other day when it was offered.

Don't forget to mark this one as resolved *Smile

Mooly, Jun 29, 2017
  9. Thanks for your help anyway! Glad I have timed my clean install so that hopefully soon a working update will be available at WU.

Scrooloose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Only two updates available - Similar Threads - updates available

2. W10 update wabnts space which isn't available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 update wabnts space which isn't available: Okay, why are MS and the laptop manufacturers not talking to one another? Brand new ACER Aspire, 32gb drive installed and at this moment at W10 Pro 1709 build 16299.1451 which it managed to update to without too much issue. Now Update wants to go to the next...
  3. Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner: Hello, When I click on the Epson Stylus SX405 scanner and printer icon it takes me to a control panel path and says: “updated information is available about your device. Click here to download or learn more”. It takes you to the Microsoft site but there is nothing to...
  4. external drives not available after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external drives not available after windows 10 update: First update uninstalled itself ... disconnected external drives as suggested and update installed ... now the external drives are not available ... please advise ... all I can find are instances for XP installs ... thanks...
  5. Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation.: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 418) I've had this happen before but I don't remember how I got it working again. Any help would be appreciated. 142627
  6. Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.: Windows 10 just did an update. I had chosen one of the available wallpapers from windows set as my background. Now the background is no longer available. It seems that the update removed the background so that I can no longer choose it via the personalization / background...
  7. Windows 10: Second batch of September 2019 updates available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Second batch of September 2019 updates available: Microsoft released the second batch of updates for most supported versions of the company's Windows operating system on September 24, 2019. The company released security updates for all supported versions of Windows earlier this month. Cumulative updates are available for...
  8. DTS immersive sound is now available on Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    DTS immersive sound is now available on Windows 10 May 2019 Update: After half a year of internal testing, DTS:X — or DTS immersive sound experience, as DTS notes — has arrived for all Windows 10 users. DTS quietly updated its Microsoft Store app over the weekend with support for Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) and everyone can...
  9. Update KB4516421 Available, Not Sure What It Is

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB4516421 Available, Not Sure What It Is: As the title said, I saw that KB4516421 was available, but I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know what this update fixes/includes? [img] - - - Updated - - - Update 09/13/2019: KB4516421 was installed from Windows Update [img] 140449
  10. Update KB4516421 Available, Not Sure What It Is

in Windows 10 Support
    Update KB4516421 Available, Not Sure What It Is: As the title said, I saw that KB4516421 was available, but I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know what this update fixes/includes? [img] 140449