Windows 10: Only two updates available

Discus and support Only two updates available in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I'm doing a clean install of windows creators on my laptop. But I have run into some issues with WU.... Until Yesterday I had a several updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Only two updates available

Hi
    I'm doing a clean install of windows creators on my laptop. But I have run into some issues with WU....
    Until Yesterday I had a several updates from Windows Update prompting a restart.
    But today when I connect to internet for the first time only two updates are downloaded, the removal tool and one update for Windows Defender. No more. No restart required. This causes concerns for me and when I try searches for new updates WU just says there are none. But there was yesterday so where have they gone???
    Is there a way of manually downloading these current update or should I just wait 24hrs and try again?

Please advise

:)

Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017
  2. Jampe Win User

No reinstall option after installing Belle FP1 on nokia 701

The reason you don't have the reinstallation option is because the update was made available to your product code only via OTA update. Usually, minor updates are available via both Nokia Suite and OTA. However, sometimes for some variants the update
    is released using only one of the two options available.

Jampe, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Haw404 Win User
    Turbotax 2017 Shuts Down Upon Launch

The only two files available are:

Windows 10 Update Assistant and MediaCreationTool,

Which one are you referring to?

Haw404, Jun 29, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

Only two updates available

Goto control panel, then look in 'programs and features' and click 'installed updates'. That will show what you really have installed.

A clean CU install should as far as I know just have the latest cumulative update to accompany it plus Defender .

If you have used a back up and restore program and used it to actually restore your new installation then it is possible the history list has been lost which in itself nothing to worry over.

Latest build in settings > system> about should be showing as:
    Version... 1703
    Build... 15063.447

See if the update is shown in control panel first.

Mooly, Jun 29, 2017
  5. KB4022716 Is missing, all else seems to install correctly.

Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    That sounds a bit odd. Not really sure what to suggest next tbh, particularly with this being a clean install. In hope you could try running a full disk clean (including system files) and then do a restart. Wait a few minutes and (if it hasn't already done so) try a new manual check.

Edit... and what build is yours showing ?

Mooly, Jun 29, 2017
  7. Apparently MS has pulled KB4022716 as it is supposed to introduce some bugs. So that's probably why Windows Update doesn't offer it.
    Tried on my other computer and it wouldn't download there either.

Scrooloose, Jun 29, 2017
  8. Mooly Win User

That's interesting. So another problem release by MS then. I hadn't checked for that possibility tbh as I installed it the other day when it was offered.

Don't forget to mark this one as resolved *Smile

Mooly, Jun 29, 2017
  9. Thanks for your help anyway! Glad I have timed my clean install so that hopefully soon a working update will be available at WU.

Scrooloose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Only two updates available - Similar Threads - updates available

2. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  3. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  4. Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.: Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail. I already followed all the steps that I saw here from other users who experienced the same and it's frustrating....
  5. Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.

Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.: Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail. I already followed all the steps that I saw here from other users who experienced the same and it's frustrating....
  6. after updating windows 11, my smart tv samsung does not show up in available displays or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after updating windows 11, my smart tv samsung does not show up in available displays or...: Hello,I had no issues on connecting my laptop with windows 11 to my smart tv. after windows updates, it just does not work anymore.When I try to pair my TV with the laptop, typically "add device" would lead me to quickly connect it and my samsung device used to show up but...
  7. after updating windows 11, my smart tv samsung does not show up in available displays or...

after updating windows 11, my smart tv samsung does not show up in available displays or...: Hello,I had no issues on connecting my laptop with windows 11 to my smart tv. after windows updates, it just does not work anymore.When I try to pair my TV with the laptop, typically "add device" would lead me to quickly connect it and my samsung device used to show up but...
  8. Get the latest updates as soon as they are available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get the latest updates as soon as they are available: what is that option ? Get the latest updates as soon as they are available When we already ve configured windows to get auto updates from microsoft then why this option is needed and what does it provide ?is it about beta update ? as it's unable to install updates v often ?...
  9. Get the latest updates as soon as they are available

Get the latest updates as soon as they are available: what is that option ? Get the latest updates as soon as they are available When we already ve configured windows to get auto updates from microsoft then why this option is needed and what does it provide ?is it about beta update ? as it's unable to install updates v often ?...
  10. Get the latest updates as soon as they are available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade