Windows 10: ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!

Discus and support ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So yesterday I restarted my computer after an update and I type in my PIN as usual to login and then I get a message saying "Your password was changed... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by oooitzalex, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!

So yesterday I restarted my computer after an update and I type in my PIN as usual to login and then I get a message saying "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."

When I saw that, I realized it had to have been my fault because I was using the command prompt on my girlfriend's laptop to get to know the network commands and I stupidly decided to test out changing my password from the command prompt. The thing is I only left out one letter when I typed in the password on the command prompt just to test it and see if I it worked. Well, now I can't login to my own laptop because of my own dumb curiosity *Doh. Even worse, I didn't add a second user since I had just done a clean windows 8.1 install and directly updated to Windows 10. So since I only have ONE local user, I can't use another user to login and fix the problem. I'd like to avoid reinstalling from scratch. I'd really appreciate the help guys!! Thanks in advance!

Also, my girlfriend used the flash drive with my password reset file on it so that's not an option for me. For now I added my Live user account to my girlfriend's laptop for the time being to see if I can fix this but so far, no dice!

:)

oooitzalex, Mar 10, 2016
  2. GWFOX Win User

Not able to create User Accounts after update. Even tried alias.

I just upgraded to W-10 Anniversary update. User accounts changed, there were 2 and they both had administrative permissions and now I can only sign in on one account. I've tried creating 2 more user accounts complete with password, Microsoft outlook
    and they appear on welcome screen however when I try to sign in on them I receive the following notice: The User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded. The only account I can sign in on is not designated local account.
    I desperately need to have this fixed because I am due to start work tomorrow using my computer.

GWFOX, Mar 10, 2016
  3. GWFOX Win User
    Updated and now I cannot create another user account

I just upgraded to W-10 Anniversary update. User accounts changed, there were 2 and they both had administrative permissions and now I can only sign in on one account. I've tried creating 2 more user
    accounts complete with password, Microsoft outlook and they appear on welcome screen however when I try to sign in on them I receive the following notice: The User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded. The only account
    I can sign in on is not designated local account. I desperately need to have this fixed because I am due to start work tomorrow using my computer.

GWFOX, Mar 10, 2016
  4. ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!

I managed to find my flash drive with the userkey. Plugged it in and the wizard popped up and filled out the new password and password hint, I hit next and then got an error message saying:
    "An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account."

So maybe this is something else?

oooitzalex, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!!

1. ONLY USER(local) Password not working. Now cannot sign-in!! - Similar Threads - USER local Password

2. cannot sign in with local account on windows with corect password running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot sign in with local account on windows with corect password running: to enable security center tried to disable the services after restarting cannot sign in with local account on windows with corect password running in safe mode with networking but it is not connected to internet and ther is no option to connect to internet...
  3. cannot sign in with local account on windows with corect password running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot sign in with local account on windows with corect password running: to enable security center tried to disable the services after restarting cannot sign in with local account on windows with corect password running in safe mode with networking but it is not connected to internet and ther is no option to connect to internet...
  4. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  5. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  6. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I revert back to the original Local Account password on a User / Sign-in that is now...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I revert back to the original Local Account password on a User / Sign-in that is now...: I recently signed into my Microsoft Account in my computer's Settings in order to enable Find My Device. Now, whenever I want to use my PC, I am being asked to enter my Microsoft Account password instead of the Local Account password that was previously in its place. I didn't...
  8. Cannot sign-in with local user, only network account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign-in with local user, only network account: I am trying to log-in with a local user but the log-in page only works for a domain, let's call WINDOWS. I've used net user test test /add and net user administrators test /add, and the commands work, but I can't see the accounts on startup, and the folders also do not exist....
  9. Cannot Sign In to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign In to local account: Hi , I'm Used local admin for a while but yesterday i logged in to the ms store and bought some game. Now i notice that my local admin account is now linked to ms account. I have now to enter my ms account password to login , cannot change local admin password,cannot sign...
  10. Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password: Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the...