Windows 10: Onscreen Keyboard

Discus and support Onscreen Keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mickey12gauge, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Onscreen Keyboard

Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10.

:)

mickey12gauge, Oct 13, 2015

2. Onscreen keyboard

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the Onscreen keyboard freeze/crashes to restsrt again by itself after upgrading to Windows 10.

To be able to help you better, kindly provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Do you receive any error message when the on-screen keyboard crashes?

2. Do you observe the similar issue when logged into the computer using a different user Account?

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 13, 2015
  3. onscreen keyboard

in windows 10 how do i disable onscreen keyboard starting on boot... i never enabled it .. idk cant find .. .says its off but it aint

jeffreykaminski, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Onscreen Keyboard

Just been checking on mine and I see no options

What is it you are wanting to change?

paulsalter, Oct 18, 2015
  5. badcat Win User
    Have you tried the options key in the lower right hand corner?

badcat, Oct 18, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    If you want to switch keyboard layout to another language, click on ALT and then SHIFT. Both highlight and wait for another key to combine. If you just click SHIFT again, it changes to the next keyboard layout and both are off again. I just tried it to change layout from US to Greek and back. What else do you want?

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Onscreen Keyboard

1. Onscreen Keyboard - Similar Threads - Onscreen Keyboard

2. keyboard double input with both mechanical keyboard and onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard double input with both mechanical keyboard and onscreen keyboard: I have this problem where I double input under some scenarios but not others. It sort of looks like "aabbcc" when I type "abc"The keyboard works find in browsers and most programs like microsoft word, or even control panel, but double inputs in:The windows search barThe...
  3. keyboard double input with both mechanical keyboard and onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard double input with both mechanical keyboard and onscreen keyboard: I have this problem where I double input under some scenarios but not others. It sort of looks like "aabbcc" when I type "abc"The keyboard works find in browsers and most programs like microsoft word, or even control panel, but double inputs in:The windows search barThe...
  4. How can I resolve my keyboards not functioning problems. both external and onscreen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve my keyboards not functioning problems. both external and onscreen...: Recently my Laptop has been misbehaving. when I double-click on a folder or files, it opens the properties window, also the keyboard also stopped working. at times it comes and goes off again. I used an external keyboard but still the same. I used the onscreen keyboard too...
  5. How can I resolve my keyboards not functioning problems. both external and onscreen...

How can I resolve my keyboards not functioning problems. both external and onscreen...: Recently my Laptop has been misbehaving. when I double-click on a folder or files, it opens the properties window, also the keyboard also stopped working. at times it comes and goes off again. I used an external keyboard but still the same. I used the onscreen keyboard too...
  6. How can I resolve my keyboards not functioning problems. both external and onscreen...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I use 'touch keyboard' onscreen in Windows 10. Sound keeps coming back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use 'touch keyboard' onscreen in Windows 10. Sound keeps coming back on.: I use 'touch keyboard' onscreen in Windows 10. I keep turning the keyboard sound off as it's really irritating. When I stop typing, then come back to type the sounds are on again. How do I permanently turn off keyboard sound? Taskbar > right click speaker icon > left click...
  8. I use 'touch keyboard' onscreen in Windows 10. Sound keeps coming back on.

I use 'touch keyboard' onscreen in Windows 10. Sound keeps coming back on.: I use 'touch keyboard' onscreen in Windows 10. I keep turning the keyboard sound off as it's really irritating. When I stop typing, then come back to type the sounds are on again. How do I permanently turn off keyboard sound? Taskbar > right click speaker icon > left click...
  9. I use 'touch keyboard' onscreen in Windows 10. Sound keeps coming back on.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Hello, I am unable to login on to my computer physical and onscreen keyboard only type numbers.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello, I am unable to login on to my computer physical and onscreen keyboard only type numbers.: Hello, I am unable to login on to my computer. All of the sudden my physical as well as the onscreen keyboard don't work. I've shut down, unplugged computer, pusher power button for 2 minutes, waited another 4 min, plugged cable back in , restarted turned off filters, turned...