Windows 10: OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

Discus and support OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by EdTittel, Oct 9, 2016.

1. EdTittel Win User

OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on Mobile and PC devices.

Source: Ookla releases new Speedtest app for Windows 10 and Surface Hub

Microsoft Store link to product/download page

:)

EdTittel, Oct 9, 2016

2. Speedtest and OOKLA shows different speed results of Internet connection

Original title: Speedtest results

I'm in the boondocks with a broadband connection. The PC is windows 10. With Microsofts speedtest I show 3.3MBPS, while OOKLA shows .49MBPS. Whats up with that?

MikeMosier, Oct 9, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 9, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Cool, thanks. Nice and convenient.

swarfega, Oct 9, 2016
  5. - yeah, neat!*Cool

BugMeister, Oct 10, 2016
  6. Nice one. Thanks. *Smile

thegeriatric, Oct 10, 2016
  7. Pendaws Win User
    Thank you for the update. I installed and it is much more fancy that their old one. *Smile

Pendaws, Oct 10, 2016
  8. dencal Win User

Thanks Ed...so much better than the old version.

dencal, Oct 10, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Everybody's welcome! Because of my Windows Enterprise Desktop blog, I surf the news several times daily. Brink almost always beats me to the punch -- Go BRINK! -- but I'm glad to chime in with the occasional nugget when I can.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP) - Similar Threads - OOKLA releases Speedtest

2. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  3. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  4. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest: Suddenly, after relatively close agreement, I am getting wildly different results from the Windows Network Speedtest and the Ookla Speedtest (both app and browser version). Windows gives download speeds between 12.5 and 14.0 Mbps while Ookla gives results in excess of 450...
  5. Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure: I tried installing Speedtest for Windows on a friend's computer running Win 10. It seemed to install OK, but had only a black background when it opened. Nothing on it at all. I've searched, but can't find any mention of a similar problem. Anybody else experienced this? I've...
  6. Speedtest app by ookla

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest app by ookla: I don't suppose many use it other than in browser mode but is anyone having trouble updating the speedtest app from the store? All other apps updating ok but this app is producing an error code when trying to initiate download. I think k it must be at their end because both...
  7. speedtest vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    speedtest vpn: what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds. i use...
  8. GameAnalytics SDK for Microsoft UWP Released

in Windows 10 News
    GameAnalytics SDK for Microsoft UWP Released: We’re excited to announce our partnership with GameAnalytics, a powerful tool that helps developers understand player behavior so they can improve engagement, reduce churn and increase monetization. The tool gives game developers a central platform that consolidates player...
  9. Announcing the new Channel 9 UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the new Channel 9 UWP App: As we continue to serve our mission to be a premier destination to learn and have transparent conversations that build insight and trust in technical communities, we are committed to improving the experience and reach users on every platform. Today, we are announcing a new...
  10. New Skype Preview UWP app 11.7.79.0

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Preview UWP app 11.7.79.0: Microsoft has released a new update to the Skype Preview UWP app, bumping the version to 11.7.79.0. While there is no detailed changelog, the new version may bring the usual bug fixes and improvements but we also spotted one new feature: it’s now possible to choose it as one...