Windows 10: OOKLA Speed Test Dumb Question

Discus and support OOKLA Speed Test Dumb Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any advantage to installing the Ookla Speed Test App from the Windows Store over simply running the same (if they are the same) from the Flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wiley Coyote, Jul 29, 2017.

1. OOKLA Speed Test Dumb Question

Is there any advantage to installing the Ookla Speed Test App from the Windows Store over simply running the same (if they are the same) from the Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results link?

:)

Wiley Coyote, Jul 29, 2017

2. Microsoft Speed Test

The speed test in win 10 is not currently working YET> Stick with Ookla for the time being

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 29, 2017
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How do I check my internet speed?

speed test - Recherche Google

Ookla seems popular, first result in above search.

just go to the site, click begin test, no need to install an app.

Martmcd, Jul 29, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

OOKLA Speed Test Dumb Question

No, none at all. Its just there for convenience.

swarfega, Jul 29, 2017
  5. Pretty much what I thought, but wanted some confirmation. Thanks for the response.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

OOKLA Speed Test Dumb Question

1. OOKLA Speed Test Dumb Question - Similar Threads - OOKLA Speed Test

2. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dumb backup question: I set up this backup see below a few years ago when I got my Windows 10 PC. I’m Backing these folders to an external drive weekly.Now, because of my aging memory, I’m wondering why I set it up that way.Isn’t the various C:\ folders redundant ?I mainly wanted to back up my...
  3. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  4. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  5. Ok, Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ok, Dumb Question.: So, ive been wanting to know the awnser to this for a very long time, it keeps me up at night. What I need to know is if its possible to take a bunch of 4 port usb hubs and plug them into eachother about 50 times and then plug usb sticks into the 3 other ports on each one...
  6. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  7. Test question - This is a test question

in Cortana
    Test question - This is a test question: Test question - This is a test question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-question-this-is-a-test-question/0993fd3b-126d-43fe-9f05-c8d73b96fe94"
  8. Test question - This is a test question

in Cortana
    Test question - This is a test question: Test question - This is a test question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-question-this-is-a-test-question/7dd55f7d-1a54-4cb3-9785-e842482deec0"
  9. OOKLA speed tests totally different on IE and Firefox !!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OOKLA speed tests totally different on IE and Firefox !!!: Hi there on IE I get a MUCH faster result from OOKLA than with Firefox -- same server for test. Seems a lot of work is done by Firefox in loading ads or whatever which undoubtedly effects the results. Anybody else notice speed difference using SAME server but with...
  10. Maybe a Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a Dumb Question.: But I will ask it anyway. If I update my Win 7 Pro to Windows 10 now, will I still be able to Dual Boot the upgraded Windows 10 with The TP? 8504

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speedtest by ookla on windows store are they the same