Windows 10: Oops - something went wrong - we can't sign into your account

Discus and support Oops - something went wrong - we can't sign into your account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, I rebooted my freshly installed Windows 10 x64 14393.447 and got a blue screen "Oops - something went wrong" clicked on "Next" - got the Set up a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tfwul, Nov 21, 2016.

1. tfwul Win User

Oops - something went wrong - we can't sign into your account

So, I rebooted my freshly installed Windows 10 x64 14393.447 and got a blue screen
    "Oops - something went wrong"
    clicked on "Next" - got the Set up a PIN window
    skip this step - got a login screen -
    entered my outlook.com user-id and password
    got a screen "Get your files here, there and everywhere" -
    clicked on Next
    got a screen "We can't sign into your account"

signed out, got this a 2nd time
    and not anymore uptil now.

Q: does anybody out there has any idea?

at the bottom:
    except for the usual boatload of 10016 dcom errors, which we all seem to be used to, I also had so profile loading errors

EventID1508 Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.
    EventID 1502 Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.
    EventID 1515 Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on.
    EventID 1511 Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

the apps errors refer to Cortana stuff.
    Wonder whether Windows is stable.

=

Oops - something went wrong - we can't sign into your account [​IMG]

=

:)

tfwul, Nov 21, 2016
  2. The_Berg Win User

Changed hardware, now I cant sign into my windows account to verify my windows 10

I changed hardware, now I cant sign into my windows account to verify my windows 10. All I get is

Oops, something went wrong

We can't add your Microsoft account to this device right now

The_Berg, Nov 21, 2016
  3. dorknight Win User
    not able to see my purchased apps in marketplace.

Yeah, I can't get to the "Next" page on my account. I get this error too:

Oops...
    Something went wrong and we can't show you this page right now.

dorknight, Nov 21, 2016
  4. tfwul Win User

Up front...
    I don't know whether that had something to do with it and FWIW

I opened CMD in Administrator mode and then did : net user /delete defaultuser0
    removing the defaultuser0 that came with 1607

(of course that could also be accomplish with Win-R lusrmgr.msc, double click users and then right click delete that entry)

After rebooting the error did not show up anymore.

=

tfwul, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Oops - something went wrong - we can't sign into your account - Similar Threads - Oops something went

2. Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing: Hello,One day my PC signed me out from all the MS services including my PC account. When I click sign in I only get something went wrong error. On the browser, on pc, Xbox app, store. I don’t have this issue on my phone but the PC.This person also had the issue and nobody...
  3. Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oops, something went wrong with MS account signing: Hello,One day my PC signed me out from all the MS services including my PC account. When I click sign in I only get something went wrong error. On the browser, on pc, Xbox app, store. I don’t have this issue on my phone but the PC.This person also had the issue and nobody...
  4. Can't sign-in in to Microsoft Account "Oops something went wrong", "Whenever happened, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign-in in to Microsoft Account "Oops something went wrong", "Whenever happened, it...: I got a lot of problems but one of them I've solved on my own, all tutorial/guide on the Internet isn't helpful even Microsoft, their own website. I got a problem with Windows Update and I fix it by adding Firewall rule to svchost.exe on Norton as I notice on Process Hacker...
  5. Can't sign-in in to Microsoft Account "Oops something went wrong", "Whenever happened, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign-in in to Microsoft Account "Oops something went wrong", "Whenever happened, it...: I got a lot of problems but one of them I've solved on my own, all tutorial/guide on the Internet isn't helpful even Microsoft, their own website. I got a problem with Windows Update and I fix it by adding Firewall rule to svchost.exe on Norton as I notice on Process Hacker...
  6. Oops, something went wrong

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Oops, something went wrong: So, I sent my laptop to the manufacturer to get a minor thing fixed, one motherboard later and I am reinstalling everything. When creating the user account it kept on saying "Oops, something went wrong", so I had to make a local account. I keep trying to link it after the...
  7. "Oops, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Oops, something went wrong": Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again Every time I've tried to sign in to my new laptop windows gives this error. its completely updated. submitted by /u/NikoMcreary [link] [comments]...
  8. "Oops. Something went wrong."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Oops. Something went wrong.": Split from this thread. I HAVE AN OPPS PAGE THAT COMES UP CAN'T DO ANY THING REMOVE PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong/824d398b-2755-4546-9080-79c8289336fd
  9. Oops Something went wrong. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Oops Something went wrong. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account.: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 64 bit and recently I'm aware that my taskbar and start menu doesn't work and I tired creating a new local account and it solve my problems. But now I have another question to ask about this, first I cannot sign into my Microsoft...
  10. Cannot Sign in with Microsoft Account - "Oops Something went wrong"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign in with Microsoft Account - "Oops Something went wrong": Hey there! So I've seen many posts on this kind of topic but none that have had the exact same issue that I'm having or none with solutions that seem to work for me so I'm deciding to post it here. I recently was forced to create a new user account on my Windows 10 PC...