Windows 10: Open a text file and PDF at once?

Discus and support Open a text file and PDF at once? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm in File Explorer, in sub-directory . . . If I hold down Ctrl, and hover over one text file, and then another, so that both are highlighted, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb1280, Jul 1, 2018.

1. mb1280 Win User

Open a text file and PDF at once?

I'm in File Explorer, in sub-directory . . .

If I hold down Ctrl, and hover over one text file, and then another, so that both are highlighted, and then I press Enter, and both open in Notepad ++

But, if the second file I select is a PDF, and I press Enter, nothing happens.

Any idea why the text file is not opened, and the PDF is not opened in my Foxit Phantom PDF?

:)

mb1280, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Likhitha V Win User

Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 1, 2018
  3. orlbuckeye Win User
    PDF Files

How to Open PDF in Word: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

orlbuckeye, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Manku41 Win User

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Open a text file and PDF at once? - Similar Threads - Open text file

2. I cannot open PDF files

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open PDF files: I’ve bought a new Surface Pro laptop but cannot open PDF files. I have Adope Reader installed but it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-pdf-files/53a22b31-6191-4ebe-b8ef-2649b2093e4d
  3. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  4. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  5. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  6. PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF text is rectangular & unreadable: Our Senior Center provides us with monthly pdf newsletters. --- At their office those newsletters are readable. They have a third-party company that sends them out via an email distribution list. --- Until June 2018 they were readable. --- However, starting in July 2018...
  7. PDF File won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PDF File won't open: how do I find out what is preventing my pdf file from opening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/pdf-file-wont-open/02ff285c-65b7-4cb3-98bb-a0b0ad44717f
  8. opening pdf file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening pdf file: I am suddenly unable to open pdf files on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/opening-pdf-file/f2a05bcd-930c-4f64-818e-88f726258f03
  9. search working in text files but in pdf irregular

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    search working in text files but in pdf irregular: I have around 50000 one page text files and same 50000 files as pdf in a folder. When I search a numeric world , then the search displays all the text files which are having that number in them but for pdf it says no record found. Sometime if the search number is of 2 or 3...
  10. Cannot Open PDF Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open PDF Files: I am unable to open PDF files that are sent to be via e.mail. This is frustrating as they are important documents that I need. Can anyone help me please. Thank you in advance. 65794