Open a text file and PDF at once?

Discus and support Open a text file and PDF at once? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm in File Explorer, in sub-directory . . . If I hold down Ctrl, and hover over one text file, and then another, so that both are highlighted, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb1280, Jul 1, 2018.

1. mb1280 Win User

I'm in File Explorer, in sub-directory . . .

If I hold down Ctrl, and hover over one text file, and then another, so that both are highlighted, and then I press Enter, and both open in Notepad ++

But, if the second file I select is a PDF, and I press Enter, nothing happens.

Any idea why the text file is not opened, and the PDF is not opened in my Foxit Phantom PDF?

:)

mb1280, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Likhitha V Win User

Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 1, 2018
  3. orlbuckeye Win User
    PDF Files

How to Open PDF in Word: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

orlbuckeye, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Manku41 Win User

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Open a text file and PDF at once? - Similar Threads - Open text file

2. Photos not opening (windows 10 OS)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not opening (windows 10 OS): I have been using a Dell Insperion 7573, and until recently, everything worked fine. All of a sudden, my photos would not open, giving me an error message every time I try to open a picture from my saved photos. If I try to launch the microsoft photos app itself, an empty...
  3. Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and open a window, say D:\Archives, I often want to see another window for, say D:\Todo but the D:\Archives window closes. I'm almost sure there must be a way to keep two or more windows open in one instance of File Explorer but my tired old mind...
  4. Would I be able to open any of these file formats?

Would I be able to open any of these file formats?: I want to purchase a 3D model, but the only formats provided are: SolidWorks 2014 (.sldprt, .sldasm, .slddrw) Other Parasolid IGES igs (.ige, .igs, .iges) PDF (.pdf) Would I be able to open and use any of these in MS 3D Builder? If not, what format do I need it in?...
  5. GSOD When Opening Microsoft Outlook Since Moving to Insider Preview Build 17692.1004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GSOD When Opening Microsoft Outlook Since Moving to Insider Preview Build 17692.1004: Since the installation of Build 17962.1004 on July 3, I've not been able to sucessfully launch MS Outlook, except on a couple of occasions. With those exceptions I consistently get a GSOD. I ran WinDbg on the crash file from last night and here's what I got: Symbol search...
  6. Spotify fails to open

Spotify fails to open: Hello there, After the newest update (1803) I have a problem opening Spotify. This is the error message I get: [img] I checked the folder and my user does have full control over the entire folder but the program fails to open. Other programs from the Microsoft Store work...
  7. Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App?

Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App?: Windows 10 Photos App does not open any image file. Gives a file system error (-2147219196). Ive tried repairing and resetting the photos app. Ive run a system scan and a disc check through the command prompt. Ive also tried removing the photos app through the power shell and...
  8. Settings doesn't open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings doesn't open: Can't open settings. After lunch the sign show up and disappear in second. how to fix problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/settings-doesnt-open/1aa6648e-b8d8-48dd-a9ca-ab4da3acb7ee
  9. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...
  10. Start Menu won't open AND text won't load normally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't open AND text won't load normally: Recently I reset my PC due to issues with a video game, and a day after the reset, my start menu stopped working. A solution is to run 'sfc /scannow' but I am unable to because text won't load either. File Explorer only shows icons, and CMD and Powershell only open in tiny...