Windows 10: Open a text file and PDF at once?

Discus and support Open a text file and PDF at once? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm in File Explorer, in sub-directory . . . If I hold down Ctrl, and hover over one text file, and then another, so that both are highlighted, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb1280, Jul 1, 2018.

1. mb1280 Win User

Open a text file and PDF at once?

I'm in File Explorer, in sub-directory . . .

If I hold down Ctrl, and hover over one text file, and then another, so that both are highlighted, and then I press Enter, and both open in Notepad ++

But, if the second file I select is a PDF, and I press Enter, nothing happens.

Any idea why the text file is not opened, and the PDF is not opened in my Foxit Phantom PDF?

:)

mb1280, Jul 1, 2018

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 1, 2018
  3. PDF Files

How to Open PDF in Word: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

orlbuckeye, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Manku41 Win User

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Open a text file and PDF at once? - Similar Threads - Open text file

2. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  3. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  4. Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file: Why can I no longer select text in PDF with curser? Always have done but something now seems to have changed? Just get the hand pointer. Always used to use SHIFT plus MOUSE to move PDF window around, but now only get the hand pointer, which will still move window around...
  5. Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file: Why can I no longer select text in PDF with curser? Always have done but something now seems to have changed? Just get the hand pointer. Always used to use SHIFT plus MOUSE to move PDF window around, but now only get the hand pointer, which will still move window around...
  6. Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file

7. pdf files opening

pdf files opening: When I try to open my statement in pdf it want me to save it, but I just want to open it and read it. Is there anything I have to do in setting to be able to just read pdf files? Thank you....
  8. PDF FILES NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF FILES NOT OPENING: HI, J HAVE WINDOWS10. PREVIOUSLY ALL WAS OK SINCE LAST 4 DAYS PDF FILES ARE NOT OPENING, IN ANY SOFTWARE IT IS OLY OPINING IN MICORSOFT ADGE ON DESKTOP OR IN SOFTWARE PDF FILES IS NOT OPEN I HAVE UNINSTALLED ACROBATE REDER DC AND REINSTALLED, PROBLEMS NOT SOLVE...
  9. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  10. opening pdf file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening pdf file: I am suddenly unable to open pdf files on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/opening-pdf-file/f2a05bcd-930c-4f64-818e-88f726258f03