Windows 10: Open an application on the same screen from which it is launched

Discus and support Open an application on the same screen from which it is launched in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just got windows 10 and I think the idea to put a copy of the taskbar on everyone of my 3 screens is great. However whenever I launch a program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by soudemans, Aug 8, 2017.

1. soudemans Win User

Open an application on the same screen from which it is launched

Hi, I just got windows 10 and I think the idea to put a copy of the taskbar on everyone of my 3 screens is great. However whenever I launch a program windows starts it (presumably) on the screen where it was last closed. Is there any way to launch an application on the same screen that it was selected? To clarify if I click on my MS Word button pinned to the task bar on screen 2 can I get MS Word to launch on screen 2 regardless of where it was closed last.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

soudemans, Aug 8, 2017

2. Multi-screen launch application on active screen taskbar

Hello,

When you say you would like to launch applications or any icon that I click on the same screen, are you trying to open multiple apps in the same screen from the taskbar icons?

Please post to us with more clarity information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 8, 2017
  3. grskarpat Win User
    windows 10 upgrade- certain applications do not launch without admin rights

hello, i upgraded to win10pro from win7ultimate. After completion, i noticed that office2013 and foxitpdf applications did not launch after clicking on their shortcut or their exe in the respective folders. Neither did associated files open, ie clicking
    on an excel workbook file, failed to launch the application. Other applications, like an image viewer for example kept working fine.

i reinstalled office and foxitpdf, but same situation. i tried to run the applications as administrator and they launch fine. However, an excel workbook or a word document for example will not open directly, but i need to open them from within the application,
    which i have to run as admin.

my local account is member of the administrators group, with full rights.

any help/advise appreciated.

grskarpat, Aug 8, 2017
  4. Archie123 Win User

Im not sure you can , at least ive never figured it out i use display fusion , im sure the free version supports that function (i have the paid version and its in there) . If not im sure there are other multi monitor support tools that will

Archie123, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Open an application on the same screen from which it is launched - Similar Threads - Open application same

2. Launching applications from a NAS drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching applications from a NAS drive.: After archiving program folders to an external hard drive through my network accessible storage network, I would like to launch those applications from the external nas drive. I get error code: 5. Is there a work around?I've shut off UDEP. I've changed application security to...
  3. Launching applications from a NAS drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Launching applications from a NAS drive.: After archiving program folders to an external hard drive through my network accessible storage network, I would like to launch those applications from the external nas drive. I get error code: 5. Is there a work around?I've shut off UDEP. I've changed application security to...
  4. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  5. all icon open the same application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all icon open the same application: Suddenly the icons in my computer changed. They all open the same application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-open-the-same-application/51e81ed8-56d4-4693-a621-085e48686a53
  6. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: I tried the suggested steps: Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties. Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list. Now, click on Apply and OK. I am unable to find a run tab in Properties. Is there anyone that can show the...
  7. How do i chose which screen an application opens at?

How do i chose which screen an application opens at?: First of all i know that this question has been asked before but that was like 3 years ago. I have a 3 monitor setup, i usually have discord on my right and spotify on the left and in the middle i have the game i play. The problem with my 3 monitors is that when i start my...
  8. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size of the window of those programs also that they were placed at what position on the screen last time, and this causes me...
  9. Open Icon from Taskbar to Same Screen

Open Icon from Taskbar to Same Screen: I want to know if it's possible to automatically open an app from the taskbar to the same screen that icon is on. This can be done by hiding the icon on every screen but the one that application is hidden on using the settings, but I was wondering if it can be done while...
  10. How get files to open in same open application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How get files to open in same open application: I've been using a Photostyler image editing program for many years. On Windows XP and previous OP systems, if you click on sequential (say *.jpg) files in Explorer, the first file you click on opens PhotoStyler and displays the image; then subsequent files clicked on opens...