Windows 10: Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10 How to Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10 [img] Information Universal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by thedefside, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10

How to: Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10

How to Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10

Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Universal Windows apps (formally called modern apps) can now be opened in resizable windows on your desktop like any other app now in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to open and change the settings of universal apps in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. When you have a Windows app (ex: Weather) open, click/tap on the menu
    hamburger-style button at the top left, and click/tap on the Settings option. (see screenshot below)

2. You can now click/tap on the available settings to change for the app to what you like. The settings you have available will vary per app. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

thedefside, Aug 6, 2015

2. Cannot open "Settings" and other apps in Windows 10

Hi, Carlos.

Thank you for posting your response. We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested to fix the issue and
    we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool " in the above article
    for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the
      'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment,
      on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Cannot open "Settings" and other apps in Windows 10

As I stated in previous reply, this fixed changed my status from getting nothing when I click settings to get a page flash. What next?

CarlosGibbs, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10

What app is this for?

Look to see if you have a settings icon to click on.

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  5. The facebook app, and many other apps designed for windows 8 do not have a settings icon. They relied on the settings icon in the charms bar. I need to know how to open that charm in windows 10 while in tablet mode.

thedefside, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I haven't been able to test it yet, but see if swiping inward from the screen borders may open it.

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Swiping in from the top closes the app. Swiping in from the left opens the task switcher. Swiping in from the bottom appears to do nothing, and swiping from the right opens the action center.

thedefside, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10

Your tutorial posted here Touch Gestures for Windows 10
    Says that swiping in from the top should make the title bar appear. I wasn't able to get it to do that, but will try again when I get home.

thedefside, Aug 6, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you move the pointer to the top while in tablet mode, it'll open the title bar. *Smile

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Yes, its touchy but its there. Thank you for your help, Brink!

thedefside, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. "Touchy" being the key word and pun. LOL

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10

1. Open and Change Settings for Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Change Settings

2. Settings app does not open Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app does not open Windows 10: Hi!I recently had some troubles with my pc and after fixing it, my settings application does not seem to work anymore. If i want to do anything within settings, the application does not pop up or seem to work at all. The only response i get is when i right click the desktop...
  3. Settings app does not open Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app does not open Windows 10: Hi!I recently had some troubles with my pc and after fixing it, my settings application does not seem to work anymore. If i want to do anything within settings, the application does not pop up or seem to work at all. The only response i get is when i right click the desktop...
  4. Settings app does not open Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 apps, settings not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps, settings not opening: My k7 total security system expired and so I installed avast antivirus app. It ran some scans and asked me to delete a few files that it said were a security threat. Sometime after that, things went haywire1. Not able to open any apps or settings. Not even able to shut down...
  6. Settings app is not opening in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app is not opening in Windows 10.: I am unable to open the settings app. When I click on the settings icon it doesn't open. I tried running the sfc/ scannow command but it stops at 87% every single time and displays an error message that says 'the scan could not be completed' is displayed.I also tried to use...
  7. Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10: Hello, I cannot open any of the settings on windows 10. I tried to perform sfc /scannow but the command prompt doesn't run with administrator rights even though I logged in as administrator. I can't create another user account and give administrator rights to it. sfc...
  8. In Windows 10 settings app does not open

In Windows 10 settings app does not open: Today I update my window 10, then i see that the setting option is doesn't working. Please tell me how i solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-settings-app-does-not-open/1cd94f8b-99d7-4c38-b2dd-936362d92a9d
  9. unable to open settings app in windows 10

unable to open settings app in windows 10: how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings-app-in-windows-10/3226acbe-a966-42c8-a983-3a3723e8c703
  10. Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10 How to Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more...