Windows 10: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

Discus and support Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10.

Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant webpages, research documents, necessary files and applications, is connected and available to you in one click. Office (starting with Mail & Calendar and OneNote), Windows, and Edge become more integrated to create a seamless experience, so you can get back to whats important and be productive, recapturing that moment, saving time Microsoft believes thats the true value of Sets.

Sets: With all the elements that go into a task, sometimes convincing yourself to get started is the hardest part. Sets help you keep webpages, documents, files, and apps connected, while remaining just one click away. When you close a file that includes a group of tabs, itll help you bring those tabs back to life the next time you open it. Whether its something you pick up later in the day or in a couple weeks, Sets is being designed to help you keep the important things together.

Add tabs to apps: To help fuel Sets, most apps will be able to add app and web tabs. When you select a link in something like an e-mail, itll open in a new tab next to the app you were using. Selecting the plus (+) in an app will take you to a new tab page, which will help you jump to your next location. You might already know where you want to go, or just need a little bit of inspiration. From here, youll be able to search your PC and the internet, access customized feeds, open frequently used websites and apps, and get suggestions based on your recent activity.

Here are a few keyboard shortcuts you can try out:
    • Win+Ctrl+Tab – Switch to the next tab
    • Win+Ctrl+Shift+Tab – Switch to the previous tab
    • Win+Ctrl+1 through 8 – Switch to a specific tab
    • Win+Ctrl+9 – Switch to the last tab
    • Ctrl+Win+T – Open a new tab
    • Ctrl+Win+W – Close the current active tab
    For more details about Sets, see: Introducing Sets - Windows Insider

Starting with Windows 10 build 17682, you can now launch apps directly from the New tab page in a Sets window. When you click the plus button in a Sets window, you will now see apps included in your frequent destinations list. Youll also find that weve integrated the all apps list into this page so you can browse your apps, rather than just using the search box apps that support Sets will launch into a tab when clicked.

This tutorial will show you how to directly open an app from the New tab page in a Sets window in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. While you have a Sets window open, click/tap on the plus button or press the Ctrl+Win+T keys to open a new tab. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Apps link at the bottom to switch to the all apps list. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the app (ex: "Feedback Hub") you want to open in this new tab. (see screenshots below)

4. The app will now open in the current tab. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 12, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Oct 27, 2019
  5. IE11 freezes when opening new tabs quite often.

Hi Byron,

Based on your description of your concern, after fixing your Windows 10 update issue, your Internet Explorer 11 app is experiencing freezing issues when you open a new tab. In addition, a Microsoft Edge shortcut button appeared on your browser. We suggest
    that you follow the steps from the articles below to help you customize or reset your Internet Explorer settings:

Should you have further questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

1. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open App Tab

2. windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window: I would like when I already have an open file explorer and for example, if a click a folder on the desktop, I would like it to go in a new tab in the already opened file explorer instead of creating a new window...
  3. windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window: I would like when I already have an open file explorer and for example, if a click a folder on the desktop, I would like it to go in a new tab in the already opened file explorer instead of creating a new window...
  4. The settings tab wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The settings tab wont open: The settings tab wont open and I dont want to change accounts because I have installed Microsoft Office and eset. I've tried all the commands in cmd and task manager like sfc and rebboting all and specifically settings. Is there a solution to this. This post was made on...
  5. My settings tab will not open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My settings tab will not open: My settings tab will not open. I have also not associated my PC with my microsoft account. When I run command prompt I don't have administrator privilages. From the troubleshooters I have gone through it seems I now need to reinstall windows but first I need to associate my...
  6. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  7. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  8. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...
  9. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...
  10. Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 How to Change New Tab Page Settings for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had...