Windows 10: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

Discus and support Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.

Starting with Control Panel.

Programs and Features in the Win+X Quick Link menu has been renamed to Apps and Features.

This tutorial will show you how to have Apps and Features (Settings) or Programs and Features (Control Panel) in the Win+X Quick Link menu for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Apps and Features in Win+X menu open to Control Panel or Settings

Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a ZIP file for a Control Panel or Settings shortcut depending on what you want Apps and Features in the Win+X menu to open to.
    Control_Panel-Programs_and_Features.zip

Download

OR

Settings-Apps_and_Features.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file. (see screenshots below)

5. Open a seperate File Explorer window, copy and paste the location below into the address bar, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow %LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3

6. Drag and drop (copy) the 10 - AppsAndFeatures shortcut from the .zip file in step 4 into the Group3 folder in step 5.

7. Click/tap on Replace the file in the destination when prompted. (see screenshot below)

8. Restart explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10  

Hello Slugger, Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings :)

Here are a few tutorials below to help with some. Let me know if you need one for another item.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
  4. oneLess Win User

If exist a list of shortcuts for default win-x entries
    (like custom [win-x + c] for control panel in 1703)
    would be nice to see it here.

the letters are not underlined in win-x menu.

c

oneLess, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Hawklight Win User

Has anyone been able to figure out a way of doing this yet? Just updated to 1703 and been trying to edit Win+X menu then set a key to be used to open shortcuts in the list but cant seem to find any information on how to do this?

Hawklight, Oct 26, 2019
  6. dskiller Win User
    Settings App vs. Control Panel?

one day the control panel will be completely gone.

but microsoft has to take baby steps to avoid problems.

and other companys will have to convert their control panel files to work with the settings app.

dskiller, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings - Similar Threads - Open Apps Features

2. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  3. control panel>apps&features>uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel>apps&features>uninstall: A web site "Taste of Home, recipe finder" appears in my apps and features and does not uninstall. When uninstall is selected a message appears "wait until current uninstall is completed". I began trying to uninstall this app/site two weeks and nothing but that same message...
  4. Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...

in Windows 10 News
    Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...: When Microsoft announced that it would replace the entire Control Panel with the Settings app in Windows 10, no one thought that it would take the company longer than five years to achieve that goal. Microsoft migrated some Control Panel applets to the Settings application...
  5. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  6. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10: How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10[/SIZE] The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  7. Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel and/or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  8. Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Change Network Connections in Win+X to Open from Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  9. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Settings App vs. Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App vs. Control Panel?: I've tried using the Settings App, but I always seem to end up using Control Panel? Is it just me, or is the Settings App just a partial duplication of CP? 9986