Windows 10: "Open command prompt" no longer available in QAT

Discus and support "Open command prompt" no longer available in QAT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The tutorial Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer Windows 10 Customization Tutorials Step 5 describes how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arachnaut, Jun 16, 2017.

1. arachnaut Win User

"Open command prompt" no longer available in QAT

The tutorial

Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Step 5

describes how to add to the File explorer Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).

For some reason the option to add a command prompt is gone on all my computers.

The powershell option is still there.

I had added the open command prompt to the File Explorer QAT some time ago and now it is grayed out. It use to work fine.

Is this just me or has that option been deliberately removed recently?

I am using 1703 build 15063.413.

:)

arachnaut, Jun 16, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jun 16, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jun 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Open command prompt" no longer available in QAT - Similar Threads - Open command prompt

2. About command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About command prompt not opening: So while opening command prompt directly it doesn't open, and while using windows+r and type cmd it shows that windows cannot find cmd check the name correctly...
  3. About command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    About command prompt not opening: So while opening command prompt directly it doesn't open, and while using windows+r and type cmd it shows that windows cannot find cmd check the name correctly...
  4. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  5. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  6. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  7. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  8. Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...

Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...: Hi, I'm using windows 10. I have no idea why my command prompt is not launching properly and is instead opening up the default folder in File Explorer i.e. File Explorer is opening up in the command prompt default start up folder. Please help. FYI. I recently downloaded...
  9. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...
  10. Command Prompt won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt won't open: Hi, whenever I try to open the Command Prompt in Win10 (cmd.exe) I get the following pop up: cmd.exe - Application Error The Application was unable to staart correctly (0XCoooo142). Click OK to close the application. I should add this was an upgrade to Win10 Any help...