Windows 10: Open Device Manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Device Manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Device Manager in Windows 10 How to Open Device Manager in Windows 10 Device Manager displays information about each device. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Open Device Manager in Windows 10

How to: Open Device Manager in Windows 10

How to Open Device Manager in Windows 10

Device Manager displays information about each device. This includes the device type, device status, manufacturer, device-specific properties, and information about the driver for the device.

Device Manager can show hidden devices. This is helpful when you are testing the installation of a new PnP device.

Device Manager provides detailed information in the Properties dialog for each device. Right click on the name of the device, and then click/tap on Properties. The General, Driver, Details, and Events tabs contain information that can be useful when you debug errors.

See also: Device Manager for makers of devices and drivers - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

This tutorial will show you different ways to open Device Manager in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Device Manager

Open Device Manager in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Open Device Manager using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. Press the Win+X keys to open the Win+X Quick Link menu, and press the M key to open Device Manager.

OPTION TWO [/i] Open Device Manager from Win+X menu
    1. Open the Win+X Quick Link menu.

2. Click/tap on Device Manager or press the M key. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Open Device Manager from Search
    1. Open Search (Win+S) or the Start menu.

2. Start typing Device Manager in the search box, and click/tap on Device Manager when available in the search results. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Open Device Manager from Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view).

2. Click/tap on Device Manager. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] Open Device Manager from System control panel
    1. Press the Win+Pause/Break keys to open the System control panel.

2. Click/tap on the Device Manager link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION SIX [/i] Open Device Manager from Run
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run.

2. Type devmgmt.msc or hdwwiz.cpl into Run, and click/tap on OK or press Enter. (see screenshot below)

OPTION SEVEN [/i] Open Device Manager from File Explorer
    1. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

2. Navigate to and open the C:\Windows\System32 folder, and click/tap on the devmgmt.msc or hdwwiz.cpl file to run it. (see screenshot below)

OPTION EIGHT [/i] Open Device Manager from Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type devmgmt.msc or hdwwiz.cpl into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

OPTION NINE [/i] Open Device Manager from PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Type devmgmt.msc or hdwwiz.cpl into the PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Open Device Manager in Windows 10

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Open Device Manager in Windows 10 What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Oct 27, 2019
  5. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Open Device Manager in Windows 10

1. Open Device Manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Device Manager

2. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  3. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  4. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to open "Device Manager Shortcuts" - Windows 10

Unable to open "Device Manager Shortcuts" - Windows 10: Hello all So, this is frustrating the garbage out of me. I have not updated nor have I installed any programs since and now when I try to open device manager from the WIN+X shortcut it displays this error Have tried the following: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism...
  6. How to open the Device Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open the Device Manager in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Device Manager in Windows 10 provides a central and organized view of all […] This article How to open the Device Manager in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. device manager opening problem

device manager opening problem: Whenever i try to open device manager a message popup on the screen"This app has been blocked for your protection.An administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information contact administrator. mmc.exe".Please how can I get rid off this?...
  8. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77
  9. can not open the device manager

can not open the device manager: can not open the device manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/can-not-open-the-device-manager/ca966c04-3554-44ba-98d4-9e9b2d5d81d2
  10. Windows 10 Device Manager won't open

Windows 10 Device Manager won't open: mmc is blocking all access to my device. I can't open Device Manager, Event Viewer. The certificate link in the popup does not work either....