Windows 10: open .disabled file at start up

Discus and support open .disabled file at start up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I turn my computer on now, it ask me to open .disabled files. I checked start up and there are no .disabled files. This is what is starting up:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sammyandsam, Dec 9, 2015.

1. open .disabled file at start up

When I turn my computer on now, it ask me to open .disabled files.
    I checked start up and there are no .disabled files.
    This is what is starting up: Screenshot
    I didn't install anything new so I have no idea what it is.

:)

sammyandsam, Dec 9, 2015
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Open .99bf06 file at Start Up

Hi,

AppData\Local folder contains files of applications that are user-specific. To better manage this prompt, here are the quick and easy steps that you can follow:

• Type msconfig in Cortana.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Look for C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\fb171 in the Location column.
    • Uncheck related program to the error.
    • Reboot your PC.
    Let us know should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Jelu Cal, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Open .99bf06 file at Start Up

Hey guys - hoping someone can help.

At startup I get a popup asking me "how do you want to open this file?", but I don't recognise the file type.

The file is listed as a .99bf06 file - which I've never heard of.

I've searched my C: drive and found the file sitting in the folder: C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\fb171

The folder contains two files - the .99bf06 file mentioned already, and a file 917c7.bat which looks like a batch file.

I've got no idea what these files are, so just wondering if they are something critical to Windows, or if I can just delete the files & folder?

Thanks!

SwampyMarshy, Dec 9, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

open .disabled file at start up

Hi,

AFAIK there's no such thing as a file with a .disabled extension.
    But if you look to the left row of the CCleaner screenshot it shows a lot of programs that are disabled at startup.
    It's probably one of those that needs to be running for the main program to function.
    Hard to say which one but enabling then disabling one by one until the message goes away would tell you more about which one is complaining.

Maybe one of the one from Razer, maybe a Lenovo one. Just guessing though.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 9, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    Do you use Spybot search and destroy?

JohnC, Dec 10, 2015
  6. I did read about that, I never used that before.

sammyandsam, Dec 10, 2015
  7. I have finally found out what it was. I went under startup in task manager and found a file called "Sidebar274.lnk.disabled" I turned that off and it no longer shows the message.

sammyandsam, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

open .disabled file at start up

1. open .disabled file at start up - Similar Threads - open disabled file

2. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up: Temp files named "chrome bits" and some other Log files in temp folder keeps popping up at the startup. I've kept disabling all the log files through task manager but new files are being created and they pop up again in the next startup. The log files have these written in...
  3. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up: Temp files named "chrome bits" and some other Log files in temp folder keeps popping up at the startup. I've kept disabling all the log files through task manager but new files are being created and they pop up again in the next startup. The log files have these written in...
  4. Temp files and log files popping up open up by itself at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spotify opening up on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify opening up on start up.: Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default...
  6. start up and open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up and open.: Whenever I get to my start page on my computer I can no longer click the screen and just sign in the only way it will take me to my password or pin is if I click the quiz which I do not want to show up on that screen anyway, this only started after an update so something...
  7. Disable Edge from opening at Start

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Edge from opening at Start: I followed the latest directions I found in the Forum that were over a year old, until I couldn't. My system is Windows 10 Home version 1903. I've opted out of S Mode. My browser is Chrome, and I find it extremely annoying and time consuming to have to close Edge every time I...
  8. Bluetooth is Disabled on Start-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is Disabled on Start-up: I have searched other posts but none have fixed the problem. My bluetooth adapter is disabled when I first turn on my computer. I have to go to device manager to enable it. This only started happening recently. I updated the driver a couple of days ago and now it won't...
  9. Disabling start up applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling start up applications: My new Windows 10 Pro is now set up and running well. Just one thing I really need to take care of now are the seemingly excessive number of programs that load up, slowing boot time. Things like Acronis (for back ups), Samsung Magician, MSI fast boot software, Ccleaner, Adobe...
  10. "Open With" choice at start up.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" choice at start up.: Since the fall update I am greeted with a choice dialog at start up. It doesn't say what it wants to open but lists a dozen programs. I tried a browser but all it said before loads of code was that this program could not be run in dos mode. If I click off the box it vanishes....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sidebar274.lnk.disabled