Windows 10: Open eml files correctly

Discus and support Open eml files correctly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What’s the best method or software (or app) to open them even when they have attachments? 94273 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pipppero2007, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Open eml files correctly

What’s the best method or software (or app) to open them even when they have attachments?

:)

Pipppero2007, Sep 25, 2017

2. file associations and eml files

There was some program which opened .eml tutorial files before file association was changed.

Is that program listed in Open with submenu of Context menu for .eml files? (Open a folder with your .eml files with File Explorer, right click an .eml file, select
    Open with in context menu, and see the 'Open with' submenu).

If the program is listed:

Select Choose another app in Open with submenu.

In How do you open such file list/dialog, select the desired program, check 'Always use this app to open .eml files' checkbox, and press 'OK' screen button.

Sergiy Shklyar, Sep 25, 2017
  3. how do I import .eml files to windows 10 mail?

I have no idea if this helps but I wen to the WLM data store and tried to open an eml file and guess what ? The Win 10 mail app opened the eml file and displayed it ! So it seems the Mail app does in fact support eml so I really can't see why Microsoft
    cannot provide a eml to Mail app converter. I looked at the mail in the mail app data store and it looks to be xml

Grandpa666, Sep 25, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Open eml files correctly

f14tomcat, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    *.EML will open in the Windows 10 Mail App. That's the default.

Obviously any attachments will Open with the respective application they are associated with as usual.

It's not the only application, you might find others in the MS Store, or other mail client applications will also do it.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Open eml files correctly

1. Open eml files correctly - Similar Threads - Open eml files

2. JAR files will not open correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JAR files will not open correctly: so I'm trying to download JAR files for my game and they download just fine but as soon as I open them it brings me to my files and makes me save it,I save the file and I try to open it but it does the same thing again. it just keeps asking me to save the file. I have looked...
  3. .EML FILES IN EVERY FOLDER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .EML FILES IN EVERY FOLDER: Yesterday, I when i open my computer i saw 'mypcname-pc.eml' files in every folder of windows of C: drive including desktop and chrome and some other softwares not opening and when i checked the task manager i saw a process named runouce.exe which was strange because i didn't...
  4. Files not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not opening correctly: I accidentally set my .txt files to open with notepad, now I can't get it to change. I've tried resetting my default app's, when i click Open With -> It only shows Notepad, Word, Paint, and some others, and I don't know how to reset it to the default....
  5. How to print EML files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to print EML files: I have received via my email a document with EMLfiles and can't seem to print it. I have tried various things but have not been successful. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-eml-files/0ba9ef55-4497-437c-9d2f-2f2a5ede33d2
  6. What is EML File?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is EML File?: I got Error Message 0x800707780 EML File----What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-eml-file/b6709c34-5418-4168-bc40-d7b90bc7b0be
  7. EML (.eml) Files

EML (.eml) Files: I have several .eml files saved to "Documents". While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print". Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update. Present option is to use EML -->...
  8. EML file in one drive

EML file in one drive: How can I open and print an EML file that is in ONE Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eml-file-in-one-drive/000b3ab2-3483-4707-9d74-39aca20c91cd"
  9. Convert .eml files to .pst

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert .eml files to .pst: dears, I am using the mail app for windows 10, and I am planing to move to cloud service *office365 and I want to use outlook, so how can I migrate from .eml to .pst without using third party tool, is't possible? and if its possible how can import to outlook 2013,2016?...
  10. How to Open .eml files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Open .eml files?: The Mail App doesn't seem capable. It can't open .eml files either. 24494