Windows 10: Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

Discus and support Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Reg, Aug 6, 2015.

1. REG
    Reg Win User

Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

Hi,

I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon disappears and all the files seem to have been closed. If I then reopen the files the Chrome icon goes away and is closed without me doing anything. I have a bunch of icons on my taskbar. Could this problem be due to space on the taskbar? Why are my files closing without any input from myself? It seems strange.

Thanks,

:)

2. Problem in accessing Windows Store and Google Chrome in Windows 10

Old title: The Ever-Spinning Dots

When I try to open Windows Store, all I get is the ever-spinning dots. Nothing happens. When I try to open Google Chrome, I get the small spinning circle for five seconds, then it disappears. Chrome does not open... oh, but ten or fifteen minutes later,
    when I have run away cursing Windows 10, Chrome sometimes opens (not always though). I am unable to download anything from Microsoft's websites - yes, spinning dots. Oh look, Google Chrome just opened.

ThomasGosseen, Aug 6, 2015
  3. pusa13 Win User
    Application not compatible with Windows 10.

Hi, I did it that already I uninstall and install it in the google but when I try to open it nothing happens. It opens and when it run after a second it disappears. I don't know why before the google chrome canary is okay I can open it without a problem
    but now my have a problem. What should I do? Thanks

pusa13, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

1. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open - Similar Threads - Open Files Disappear

2. "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome: this behaviour is new, and I've only seen it on my Windows 10 PC, it doesn't happen on my Windows 11 device. I usually leave the Settings > Check For Updates tab open in Chrome, so it opens by default and checks for updates, when I open the browserin Task Manager, I've...
  3. "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome: this behaviour is new, and I've only seen it on my Windows 10 PC, it doesn't happen on my Windows 11 device. I usually leave the Settings > Check For Updates tab open in Chrome, so it opens by default and checks for updates, when I open the browserin Task Manager, I've...
  4. "updater.exe" When Opening Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  6. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  7. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wifi disappears when I open explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disappears when I open explorer: I don't know what is happening, but when i open file explorer my wifi disappears for 7-10 seconds. Does anyone also have this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disappears-when-i-open-explorer/6f795515-6c46-4004-8f74-40dc02beea69
  9. RUNTIME ERROR WHEN CHROME IS OPENED

RUNTIME ERROR WHEN CHROME IS OPENED: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely for security reasons. It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the...
  10. BSOD when I try to open Chrome

BSOD when I try to open Chrome: Hi all, Really hoping someone can help me with this as it's driving me nuts! I have been using Google Chrome as my everyday browser on this Iota laptop I've had for almost a year, with no issues. In the last few weeks, I have been getting the occasional Blue Screen Of Death...