Windows 10: Open Full Version of OneNote from Action Center

Discus and support Open Full Version of OneNote from Action Center in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; You cannot do it from settings. Doing so changes nothing. Or at least for me it wasnt. I did the below steps to get it to work. 1. Open full version... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DarkRookie, May 25, 2016.

1. Open Full Version of OneNote from Action Center

You cannot do it from settings. Doing so changes nothing. Or at least for me it wasnt. I did the below steps to get it to work.

1. Open full version of OneNote.
    2. Right click on the default tab that opens.
    3. Select Copy Link to Selection
    4. In the registry, navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\All\SystemSettings_Launcher_Quicknote
    5. On the right, double click on Uri to modify it
    6. Past in the link you got from OneNote.
    7. Restart system.

Thanks to Modifying the Action Center: Note button | Fides Tamen Quin

(Please it here cause I didnt see it in the forums and they wasnt a tip and tricks section I saw.)

:)

DarkRookie, May 25, 2016
  2. IulianBQQ Win User

Action Center OneNote (Note button) not launching.

Hi!

I have the same problem.

Office 2016 Note does not open from Action Center.

Action center only opens default Store Note App.

Any way i can configure windows to start my Office 2016 OneNote directly from action center?

I have setup all possible associations with office (except for OneNote-CMD that does not see Office 2016 Note as a candidate Open Full Version of OneNote from Action Center :).

Please help!

best wishes, Iulian

IulianBQQ, May 25, 2016
  3. Michel_ Win User
    Action Center OneNote (Note button) not launching.

To have the Action Center Note button
    launch OneNote desktop, enter onenote:<full_link_to_the_page>
    in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\All\SystemSettings_Launcher_Quicknote, then log out and log in again.

NB : Right-click on the page of your choice to get the full link to it, then copy-paste the second line only (the first one would open OneNote online).

If someone finds a way to launch a New Quick Note or Sticky Notes from the Action Center, please share!

PS1: Redirecting the Action Center Note button to the desktop version of OneNote is useful for tablet usage only. For keyboard/mouse, the Win-N key shortcut does it by default.

PS2: You can also create Taskbar shortcuts to launch OneNote exactly the way you want.

E.g. To launch a docked note of your choice with one single click, create a shortcut
    to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\ONENOTE.EXE" /docked /hyperlink "<full_link_to_the_page>"
    then drag-drop it to the Taskbar. NB: In this case, use the second link starting with OneNote: (the web one).

Credit - Thanks to mahicks83 who provided the link to the solution below (Modifying the Action Center: Note button)

Michel_, May 25, 2016
Thema:

Open Full Version of OneNote from Action Center

1. Open Full Version of OneNote from Action Center - Similar Threads - Open Full Version

2. action center will not open from task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center will not open from task bar: action center will not open from task bar. calendar will not open from task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open-from-task-bar/be04c14a-2f7d-4cf6-8eb9-ee608ca0ce6a
  3. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  4. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  5. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  6. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  7. Action center in version 1809.

Action center in version 1809.: [ATTACH] How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-in-version-1809/9749bca2-e820-47d3-9fee-08e95249e292
  8. Action center in version 1809.

Action center in version 1809.: [ATTACH] How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-in-version-1809/9749bca2-e820-47d3-9fee-08e95249e292
  9. Website notifications from Action Center not opening.

in Windows 10 Support
    Website notifications from Action Center not opening.: My Youtube subscription notifications in Action Center are not opening to my browser, instead when I click them they just disappear. *Huh 117880
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...