Windows 10: Open in New Tab

Discus and support Open in New Tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab".... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tony Vella, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Open in New Tab

I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jul 12, 2017

2. Open in new TAB in IE. That new tab should load in background.

Hello,

I have changed the type to General Discussion. I personally like the way it is but it is my personal preference and understand that it might not be the same for everyone.

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Jul 12, 2017
  3. kraft_mkd Win User
    Open in new TAB in IE. That new tab should load in background.

It’s really annoying problem for years, acknowledged by most browsers, specially @Opera.

Open in new TAB in IE. That new tab should load in background.

Open in new tab is most of the times used for selecting articles to read while at the same time those “new tab articles” are loaded in the background.

I hate seeing the same mistake at IE again.

K

kraft_mkd, Jul 12, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Open in New Tab

"I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". "
    Of course, just r-click and this menu opens up

Open in New Tab [​IMG]

"A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome."
    Click the hamburger icon to R of star at page top. Unlike Chrome, you can pin the favorites menu (and other options like downloads and history) by clicking the push pin and expand your Favorites. What I don't like is that the pinned column is not adjustable and you can't move items up and down in the folders pinned to favorites bar, only in the expansion column.

Open in New Tab [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

Open in New Tab

1. Open in New Tab - Similar Threads - Open Tab

2. How do I stop Bing from appearing when I open a new tab in Edge?

in Cortana
    How do I stop Bing from appearing when I open a new tab in Edge?: I prefer to use Google as the search provider, but Win 10 v1809 or 1903 will not allow me to remove Bing as the search provider. When I open a new tab in Edge, I prefer to see the Google site. Thanks Mike Gromowski...
  3. Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up: Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs as soon as the computer starts up. I've tried clearing the files as per many you tube instructions. I have even completely formatted the hard drive and performed a clean install. But as soon as that is finished, it does the same...
  4. Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop?: Recently I had my laptop factory reset and the main hard drive copied onto a new SSD for school and I was hoping I could re-sync my settings from my main PC desktop to it. When I go to open the sync tab in the settings the page just goes blank and doesn't open. Everything...
  5. windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...: Hello everyone I had a internet explorer problem, It just closes when I click on Microsoft edge icon, also same thing with notifications icon at bottem right, and the start button also nothing.. I seen a possiable fix it said to type in search IExplore.exe -nohome something...
  6. Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages: Today morning I noticed than when I open Yahoo email or Facebook web pages, Chrome keeps opening new tabs. As a result, I cannot read or write an email. Other web pages seem OK for now. I scanned my laptop (windows 10) by defender and superantispyware and found nothing. Is it...
  7. How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a Specific Tab

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a Specific Tab: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Task Manager opens to the Processes tab by default, but you can now set the default tab to open. This is a new feature that has been added in Windows 10 v 1903 May 2019 Update. The Task [...] This post How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a...
  8. My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page.: So basically my browser opera which i since deleted, has been randomly opening the microsoft support, page, and it's always at 11:21am, and it's also been happening on Microsoft edge, i first thought someone i may live with may have been snooping through my computer, but i...
  9. my tabs won’t open need help asap

in Windows 10 Customization
    my tabs won’t open need help asap: my tabs wont open and i cant open any and my battery icon and task manager is gone need help asap please and also my login screen wont pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tabs-wont-open-need-help-asap/b3f0fd5d-ead6-4145-94e0-3268c97af65b
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw Ad Opens Browser Tab With Fake Microsoft Lotto

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Jigsaw Ad Opens Browser Tab With Fake Microsoft Lotto: I keep getting an ad on Microsoft Jigsaw that opens my browser via beautifulvacation.club with a notification box disguised as a system message that says you've won a chance to win a trip. I feel like there should be a report button for this, but I can't find any way to...