Windows 10: Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Johanan Lee, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

Hello,

I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time after time, it continues disregard what I have chosen and opens MSN instead of a blank page. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

:)

Johanan Lee, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Aug 15, 2018
  3. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 15, 2018
  4. PamHogg Win User

Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

1. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Open Tabs Blank

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  4. Truly blank new tab page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Truly blank new tab page in Edge: Ive tried getting a truly blank page in edge when opening a new tab, the closest i can get is a page with a Bing search box in the middle. Is there a way to fer a truly 'blank' page like in firefox ? 167957
  5. On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.: [ATTACH] On new tab - want to see a blank tab. After the recent cumulative updates my edge browser does not allow me to open to a simple blank page. I had to create a 'about:blank' specific page to open to. Specific page - about:blank And then I found when open a new...
  6. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  7. MS Edge New Tab Blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Edge New Tab Blank: Have set new tabs to show recent sites, but new tabs are only blank. Was working until recently. Have toggled settings, restart edge, restart windows all without luck. Edge v44.18362.449 on Windows 1909, Feb. cumulative updates. Dell 9365 laptop. submitted by /u/Bioman52...
  8. Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has reengineered its Microsoft Edge browser and has moved it from EdgeHTML to the Chromium engine. This means that Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge will be powered by the same web engine. However, Microsoft has added some [...] This post...
  9. Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge: Hi In Microsoft Edge, how do I open a specific web page while I open a new tab? Thanks Bye 22716
  10. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open edge with blank page

2. microsoft edge blank page

3. open in new tab not working edge

4. open microsoft edge with blank page,
  5. open edge to blank page,
  6. open new tab in edge options,
  7. blank page microsoft edge,
  8. blankpage on microsoft edge,
  9. microsoft edge page is blank,
  10. set new page blank microsoft edge,
  11. microsoft edge does not open new blank tab,