Windows 10: Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab

Discus and support Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a lot of Web Page applications that I use for my job. For each webpage I do a "Pin to Start" which creates a quick link from the start menu.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by IsaacFL, Aug 9, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab

I have a lot of Web Page applications that I use for my job. For each webpage I do a "Pin to Start" which creates a quick link from the start menu.

With IE each of these links would open in a new window, but with Edge they open in a new tab on the existing Edge window.

Is there a setting to change this in Edge?

I have a multiple monitors and it is more productive to be able to have these web pages open in their own window. Now I have to open my link, then tear the tab off to create separate windows.

:)

IsaacFL, Aug 9, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

Set Home Page In Edge for Mobile

workaround:

Open the desired website.

Open the browser menu and tap pin to start.

Done. Now use the new pinned tile instead of the browser tile.

Downside: It'll open a new tab for that website every time you use it.

LCRT, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Why won't link copy?

With Microsoft Edge, recently I have had the problem of not getting a link to copy when I right-click instead of left-clicking, which will open a new tab when I don't want a new tab. Sometimes the link will copy and sometimes it won't. But it always works
    when I open a new tab.

KramdenAntiVirus, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab

1. Open Pin to Start links in new Edge window instead of tab - Similar Threads - Open Pin Start

2. windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window: I would like when I already have an open file explorer and for example, if a click a folder on the desktop, I would like it to go in a new tab in the already opened file explorer instead of creating a new window...
  3. windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window: I would like when I already have an open file explorer and for example, if a click a folder on the desktop, I would like it to go in a new tab in the already opened file explorer instead of creating a new window...
  4. Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?: Chrome does not do that. Problem is, you do a search, and click on a search link, it opens a new tab, and leaves the bing seach tab open. And after a while, you can have very many Bing search tabs open - - - Updated - - - In the left pane, click on the Pop-ups and Redirects...
  5. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  6. WILL YOU PLEASE CREATE AN OPTION TO OPEN LINKS IN NEW WINDOWS INSTEAD OF TABS IN EDGE BROWSER?

in Windows 10 Customization
    WILL YOU PLEASE CREATE AN OPTION TO OPEN LINKS IN NEW WINDOWS INSTEAD OF TABS IN EDGE BROWSER?: WILL YOU PLEASE CREATE AN OPTION TO OPEN LINKS IN NEW WINDOWS INSTEAD OF TABS IN EDGE BROWSER? I AM GOING TO START COUNTING THE NUMBER OF TIMES I HAVE HAD TO START EMAIL AGAIN BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN WARN THAT MORE THAN ONE TAB IS BEING CLOSED. PLEASE, CREATE AN OPTION TO...
  7. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  8. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  9. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145
  10. Open link as new window in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Open link as new window in Edge: In IE, there was a setting to open links (e.g., ones selected by shift-clicking, or ones with a target attribute in the anchor tag) into a new window instead of a new tab. I can't find a way to do this in Edge - in general, the number of user-adjustable settings seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge pin to start open site in new window

2. set the links from outlook to open in new edge window