Windows 10: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by drfsupercenter, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10[/SIZE]

The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.

Starting with Control Panel.

This tutorial will show you how to have System in the Win+X Quick Link menu open to Control Panel or Settings for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: System in Win+X menu open to Control Panel or Settings

Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a ZIP file for a Control Panel or Settings shortcut depending on what you want System in the Win+X menu to open to.
    Control_Panel-System.zip

Download

OR

Settings-System.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file. (see screenshots below)

5. Open a seperate File Explorer window, copy and paste the location below into the address bar, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow %LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3

6. Drag and drop (copy) the 06 - SystemAbout shortcut from the .zip file in step 4 into the Group3 folder in step 5.

7. Click/tap on Replace the file in the destination when prompted. (see screenshot below)

8. Restart explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

drfsupercenter, Apr 11, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

After Creators Update - control panel link missing

Neil,

You could just

Denis

Tryx3, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10

If you mean that you want to open the Control Panel, press WIN+X and select Control Panel from the menu.

Alan Russell, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

It appears the Control Panel option no longer works now. *Sad

I've updated the download for the Settings options so you can restore it if you like.

Brink, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Do you have any idea why? I'm curious why the regular Control Panel shortcut in Group2 still works while the Group3 ones don't. I would really, really love to have the vintage options back - it's not like you can't just open settings the normal way if you want those!

drfsupercenter, Apr 11, 2017
  6. I figured it out!

The shortcuts have to be checksummed using some internal API feature or they won't show up in that menu. It appears they made the requirements more strict for control panel applets (but oddly, not the main control panel itself)

I used **REMOVED** to make new shortcuts that will work in the RTM creator's update *Biggrin
    Because I don't like telling people to go download random software, I've attached them here. These ones should work using the same steps as above, just with the new shortcut!

Edit: it's attached to this post but I can't figure out how to get the link to show up, maybe a mod can help

Shortcuts.zip

drfsupercenter, Apr 12, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Perfect. I'll start updating the tutorials now. *Party

Brink, Apr 12, 2017
  8. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

Sweet. Maybe include two versions of the shortcut, one for the Creator's Update and then the existing one for all earlier versions. Since Creator's also changed the names!

drfsupercenter, Apr 12, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's a good idea. I'll have to make it easy to understand in the tutorials to avoid confusion though.

EDIT: The few builds between 14942 and 14986 when it changed again is so few, it would be best to just have the latest version. *Sad

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

1. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open System Win+X

2. How to open System Properties in Windows 10 Control Panel

in Windows 10 News
    How to open System Properties in Windows 10 Control Panel: The System applet in the Control Panel gives information about your computer hardware and operating system. Since Microsoft is phasing out the Control Panel applets and trying to gradually move them over to the Settings app, the System applet too appears to have gone missing...
  3. Email settings in control panel windows 10 wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email settings in control panel windows 10 wont open: Control Panel - Email Settings - accounts settings When I click on it absolutely nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-settings-in-control-panel-windows-10-wont/512d34c2-1d3a-4b1c-904f-429880268d74
  4. Control Panel versus System Settings

Control Panel versus System Settings: Hello, Increasingly I have noticed this sort of ambiguity in Windows 10 where there are settings in the "control panel" that are also controlled through settings in the "system settings." Latest example, is the "Manage Sound Devices" under system settings->Sound where you...
  5. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  6. win 10 control panel opening by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 control panel opening by itself: I am running win 10 on acer aspire E1-571 , INTEL CORE i7. few months ago control panel started opening by itself ? I ignored it for a while , But it happens when you doing something important and blocks the screen . very annoying . any ideas what could be causing it ....
  7. Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel and/or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  8. Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Change Network Connections in Win+X to Open from Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  9. Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...