Windows 10: Open this installer, over and over

Discus and support Open this installer, over and over in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This box keeps popping up. Clicking anywhere else on screen dismisses it. I used TurboTax to do my taxes yesterday and this box started appearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windy Gamer, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Open this installer, over and over

This box keeps popping up. Clicking anywhere else on screen dismisses it.
    I used TurboTax to do my taxes yesterday and this box started appearing after I removed the CD.
    I can see no way to figure out what file it wants to install. And no way to dismiss it permanently.
    I will reboot after I post this now that I took a picture with a camera. Can't capture a screen shot with my screenshot program since any click dismisses this box.

Open this installer, over and over [​IMG]

Anybody got a clue about this? Or have you seen it too? Guess MS got very friendly, and left out some key information from this box, like "The name of the file we are trying to open".
    No way I'm going to just click it 'cause for all I know it's actually CryptoWare that's trying to install.

Thanks,
    d

:)

Windy Gamer, Mar 23, 2016

2. HP update Failing over and over and over and over on Windows 10

Why is Windows 10 trying to install the following updates from 2013 for my Officejet 4630? I have a newer version of the driver installed and working fine.

HP - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Officejet 4630 series 5/‎15/‎2013

HP - Printers - HP Officejet 4630 series 5/‎15/‎2013

Both keep failing over and over. AND WHY ON EARTH IS THERE NO WAY TO REMOVE THE FAILED UPDATE AND TELL WINDOWS NOT TO TRY AGAIN???? IT WAS A FEATURE IN WINDOWS 7

Thanks

mcmilliron, Mar 23, 2016
  3. HP update Failing over and over and over and over on Windows 10

My windows 10, upgrade from windows 7 fully updated without a glitch, but upon reboot hung up with the spinning beads of insanity all day long. First attempt was system restore...failed, startup repair....failed, then reinstall of windows keeping personal data..This
    resulted in corrupting my entire drive, which later had to be repartitioned and formatted to be used by windows. Here is the kicker. I had a clone drive of my old windows 7 system, which worked perfect. My system screamed with performance. A gaming system,
    though I really did not use it for games. Now I put in my back up hard drive and it runs like a system 10 years past retirement age. I open an app I use all the time and it take 3 minutes to get past the splash screen. My system is useless. How and why I have
    no idea. All I know is that I was happy with what I had, and regret upgrading. Toshiba Satellite 17 inch 8 gigs of ram, Seagate 500gb hybrid ssd, 7200 rpm HD, also with a Hitachi 500 gb 5400 rpm drive, cloned. now back to 7 and running sluggish. also using
    HP 4635 printer, though I doubt it has anything to do with this.

sebastiancaparelli, Mar 23, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Open this installer, over and over

Windows Installer is the app that is trying to open.

Have you tried putting the CD back in?

Ztruker, Mar 23, 2016
  5. I rebooted the system and the box still appeared. It takes a while. I woke up this morning and the box was up.
    I put the CD in, clicked the notification and chose "Do Nothing". and took the CD out.
    So now we'll see if the box comes back.
    I would call this a BUG. With no way to tell what is trying to install and no path to see where the file is, and no way to DISMISS for good and all, the box. This is a BUG.
    Sigh.
    More later when I either do or do not see the box again.
    Odd that rebooting does not cancel the box.

Windy Gamer, Mar 23, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Run Task Manager and select the Startup tab - any clues? - post the screenshot please.
    Search your drives for files that have the .msi extension - one of these will be the culprit - any clues?
    MSConfig and clean boot will stop any 3rd party installer starting at boot-time and check for likely suspects.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    A Malwarebytes scan will usually find any malware that has managed to get into your system, and Windows Defender or your antivirus will check for Viruses.

Fafhrd, Mar 23, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Have you tried pressing the PrintScrn key then open Paint and click Paste? The key sends the contents to the Clipboard and Paste puts it in Paint then it can be saved and upload that file. Clicking/opening your screenshot program or any other program changes the focus and does cause most system messages to be closed.

Berton, Mar 23, 2016
  8. Open this installer, over and over

At least I figured out what the installer was. And maybe stopped it.
    Choose firefox, for example, and do not check the "Always Use This Program" box.
    Then you get this:

Open this installer, over and over [​IMG]

Windy Gamer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Open this installer, over and over

1. Open this installer, over and over - Similar Threads - Open installer

2. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  3. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  4. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Command prompt opening on windows install screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt opening on windows install screen: In windows installer we used to access cmd by pressing shift + F10. Now it does not work. Does its support removed? Shortcut changed on some other issue?I tried many times and on many devices. Same every where.This screen. Both when updating or installing fresh....
  6. Command prompt opening on windows install screen

Command prompt opening on windows install screen: In windows installer we used to access cmd by pressing shift + F10. Now it does not work. Does its support removed? Shortcut changed on some other issue?I tried many times and on many devices. Same every where.This screen. Both when updating or installing fresh....
  7. My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...: I am trying to use "The Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter". found here Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed - Microsoft Support When I try to download or open I get this error message: How do I get past this so I can use the...
  8. My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...

My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...: I am trying to use "The Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter". found here Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed - Microsoft Support When I try to download or open I get this error message: How do I get past this so I can use the...
  9. My computer will not allow "the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" to open or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program calls windows installer over and over